Matthew McConaughey

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
george~

Matthew McConaughey

Post by george~ »

Are his TV spots for Lincoln the end of his acting career ? or his best acting ever ?
Jonrox

Re: Matthew McConaughey

Post by Jonrox »

Option C... neither, it's a commercial. The guy is awesome no matter what he does.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Well, since no one else is going to post it ...

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I find him very, very creepy. He was ok early on, but the last few years, he has really developed a strange appearance and overall demeanor. Not appealing or attractive at all. Gives me the willies.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
george~

Post by george~ »

It makes you wonder if he doesn't have an agent and just has no clue, or has an agent who has no clue LOL
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

george~ wrote:It makes you wonder if he doesn't have an agent and just has no clue, or has an agent who has no clue LOL

I'll reserve judgment until I know how much dough he made for those commercials. I bet it's a hell of a lot.

Do people really think his career can't withstand this? Like people who would have seen his next movie, aren't going to bother now?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

The guy always annoyed the hell out of me. When someone recommends a movie and I start to watch it and find that he's in it, I go, *removed* ME! not this guy! Nothing he does for money will surprise me.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 8th, 2016, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: auto censor workaround
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

OREZ wrote:The guy always annoyed the hell out of me. When someone recommends a movie and I start to watch it and find that he's in it, I go,*removed* ME! not this guy! Nothing he does for money will surprise me.

I've never been a fan of this actors work. His Oscar win is more about script & supporting cast then himself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

OREZ wrote:The guy always annoyed the hell out of me. When someone recommends a movie and I start to watch it and find that he's in it, I go,*removed* ME! not this guy! Nothing he does for money will surprise me.

Glad I'm nt the only one....can't stand him. He has done some real low budget sh$&t movies....
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I liked Lincoln Lawyer, Mud, Dallas Buyers Club, and Interstellar. I thought his season of True Detective was fantastic too. He had a string of romcoms about 7 to 10 years ago that weren't great, but were ok for what they were.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Sometimes an actor takes a job because the money is good, or because it seems like fun.

You know, kinda like the rest of us.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

OREZ wrote:The guy always annoyed the hell out of me. When someone recommends a movie and I start to watch it and find that he's in it, I go,

Thats just plain downright sad.

There are actors/actresses I'm not particularly fond of but to stop watching a movie because of that? LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Interstellar is simply an awesome movie.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Interstellar is a pretty good movie. One certainly needs to overlook certain details and engage the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing but, yeah, it's alright.

And yeah, Dizzy, I actually did watch it even though McConaughey is in it. But I went, *removed* me! Not this guy! Just like a couple of other movies of his which I watched but were not as good.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Feb 10th, 2016, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Those ads are so stupid, I will never, ever buy a Lincoln. I've always thought McConaughey is one of the most one dimensional and over rated actors, but those ads take the cake.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”