Best Canadian Actors?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Best Canadian Actors?

Post by Rosemary1 »

Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Anna Paquin, Eric McCormak, Keneau Reeves, Ellen Page
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Best Canadian Actors?

Post by JonyDarko »

John candy, Leslie Nielsen, Rick Moranis, an Dan Aykroyd.
george~

Post by george~ »

Adam Beach, Allie MacDonald, Bruce Greenwood, Bruno Gerussi, Catherine O'Hara, Chris Potter, Donald Sutherland, Shaun Johnson, Coleen Dewhurst, Dan Aykroyd, Dave Thomas, David Sutcliffe, Donnelly Rhodes, Emily Hampshire, Gorgina Reilly, Glenn Ford, Gordon Pinsent, Graham Greene, Hume Cronyn, Ian Tracey, Jill Hennessy, Jim Carrey, Joanna Douglas, Joanne Kelly, John Candy, Kevin Durand, Kevin McNulty, Leslie Nielsen, Lorne Green, Martin Short, Michael J Fox, Mike Myers, Nathaniel Arcand, Nicholas Campbell, Pascale Hutton, Paul Gross, Peter Keleghan, Peter MacNeill, Raymond Burr, Robert Clothier, Sarah Polley, Sean McGinley, Stefanie von Pfetten, Tatiana Maslany, Thomas Craig, Tracy Leah Ryan, Victor Garber, Yannick Bisson
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

I like Ryan Reynolds.
Evangeline Lilly was good in " Lost ".
Rachel McAdams.
Adam Beach is a cutie.
Graham Greene.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Martin Short ;)
Last edited by Dizzy1 on May 13th, 2016, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Is it that hard to have one thread without it turning political?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

Rosemary1 wrote:Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Anna Paquin, Eric McCormak, Keneau Reeves, Ellen Page

Keanu Reeves??!! Are you kidding me?? Every character he plays is and sounds exactly the same. Lumping him together with Donald Sutherland is a simple insult.

And I have to agree with one. Why did politics have to be entered?? Doesn't that have a home in another forum?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

dsldriver wrote:Keanu Reeves??!! Are you kidding me?? Every character he plays is and sounds exactly the same. Lumping him together with Donald Sutherland is a simple insult.

Keanu may technically be Canadian but I've never thought of him as such. He wasn't born here, and neither of his parents are from here. But he grew up here and identifies as Canadian so whatever. He'd definitely go down as one of the more successful Canadian actors...and while I've enjoyed him in certain roles, I've never thought of him as a great actor either.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Sandra Oh
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

JayByrd wrote:Keanu may technically be Canadian but I've never thought of him as such. He wasn't born here, and neither of his parents are from here. But he grew up here and identifies as Canadian so whatever. He'd definitely go down as one of the more successful Canadian actors...and while I've enjoyed him in certain roles, I've never thought of him as a great actor either.

What makes a great actor? In my mind, one you enjoy watching. So I would add Keanu to that list, and William Shatner too. Shatner is funny - he makes me laugh. He pokes fun at himself, at everyone. He's campy, he's kitsch. And he's very good at marketing himself.

Ryan Reynolds, Michael J. Fox. We've sent a lot of good actors down to Hollywood.
I haven't failed until I quit.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

London, Toro, Litlon, and Thorn. :D
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”