French's Canadian made Ketchup

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

French's Canadian made Ketchup

Post by Queen K »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/foodanddrink/f ... li=AAggFp5

Dear Frenchs,

Are you really "shocked and at a loss" as to why one billionaire company would favour Heinz, another billionaire company, over you?

You've broken the internet with your announcement that you only use 100% Canadian tomatoes for your ketchup. Canadians are well aware that you stepped in to take over where Heinz moved their ketchup production out of Canada, leaving Canadians out of jobs.

Canadians have been buying up Frenchs like Canadian jobs depend upon it. Often selling out past Heinz.

I'm sure some upper management of Heinz took notice, paid a visit or made a phone call to Loblaws, and that's it. One corporation got Frenchs out of another. Shelf space is a war zone. Who has eye level, who doesn't and who is there at all.

I wonder how many Canadians will have a say about this?

QK
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: French's Canadian made Ketchup

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160812

:200: So fast?

But yes, the social media of our day is that powerful.

We are in a day and age where you matter! Over corporate wars anyway.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

I honestly didn't know French's made ketchup. Good mustard though!

I doubt this is about corporate wars though, simply that Loblaws doesn't deal in low-volume products.

Try "Bodacious Ketchup" though, all organic and delicious!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

You know it. Walmart and small grocery chains like Longo’s (a small Loblaws competitor and owner of Grocery Gateway - order your groceries online and have them delivered when you want) are selling it so Loblaws doesn't want to lose out to them. Plus MP's are demanding only French's ketchup be served at Queen's Park.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Bring back Bicks hamburger and hot dog relish....
george~

Post by george~ »

Has anyone tried the Frenches ketchup, how does it compare to Heinz ?
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Heinz was the go-to ketchup for more years than I'll admit to but French's is better tasting and doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup or preservatives.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I bought Frenches Ketchup last night, just to make a point. It was the last one on the shelf.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Gilchy wrote:I doubt this is about corporate wars though, simply that Loblaws doesn't deal in low-volume products.

An internal memo sent to some Loblaw employees said the grocery chain decided to stop stocking French’s ketchup because it was “cannibalizing” sales of its in-house President’s Choice variety.

Loblaw confirmed the memo’s existence but said it wasn’t an official one.

The memo addressed to grocery managers and retailers said it intended to explain why French’s ketchup was being pulled from store shelves.

“We are in the process of delisting French’s ketchup because it is cannibalizing the sales of PC ketchup and has had little impact to Heinz ketchup,” reads the memo.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2016/03 ... -memo.html

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, so it was shelf space wars and sales, just not Heinz like I envisioned.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I bought the Frank's spicy ketchup that has Frank's Buffalo Sauce in it... and it's fantastic!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

When? Where? It's been discontinued according to their web site.

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Exactly a month ago, Brian Fernandez made a simple argument on Facebook to his 400 friends about why his family was switching to French’s ketchup.

With that post, he set off a craze on social media, generating new Canadian pride over ketchup made with Ontario tomatoes and, suddenly, ketchup bottles were flying off store shelves.

And on Thursday, Fernandez, a construction worker from Orillia, met with Elliott Penner, president of French’s Food Company, which made a $133,500 donation in his name to Food Banks Canada, matching the number of Facebook shares he garnered.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2016/03 ... craze.html

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jonrox wrote:I bought the Frank's spicy ketchup that has Frank's Buffalo Sauce in it... and it's fantastic!

I got the French's version in SuperStore last week.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

I just bought French's ketchup at Saveon...mmm it's gooood

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”