Tickets, concerts, sporting events, etc.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Tickets, concerts, sporting events, etc.

Post by GordonH »

Always go to site that guarantee that the tickets are real deal, then you will not end up missing that event due to bogus tickets.

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... er-tickets

Added: if it sounds to good to be true, more then likely it is.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tickets, concerts, sporting events, etc.

Post by Always Sunny »

GordonH wrote:Always go to site that guarantee that the tickets are real deal, then you will not end up missing that event due to bogus tickets.

Added: if it sounds to good to be true, more then likely it is.

You said it. Anything worth seeing/attending is worth exploring the proper avenues to obtain tickets.

What continues to amaze me is the sheer number of people who allow themselves to be defrauded. Back during the Vancouver Olympics there were people selling "tickets" where you'd pay 50% up front and the other 50% when the tickets were delivered. Of course no tickets existed in the first place, but who falls for such a bogus offer?

I will say, there are certain circumstances where I may consider purchasing a ticket. For example, the Rio Olympics have only sold something like 1/2 of the tickets so far, with the average prices being $18. I would feel comfortable buying a $18 for maybe $10 because the venue is only 1/2 full and the guy who bought dozens of seats just wants to recoup some money. And I'd be willing to take the risk that maybe my $10 wasn't authentic. But I'd never shell out double face value on Craigslist for a sold out event.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Tickets, concerts, sporting events, etc.

Post by GordonH »

Always Sunny wrote:You said it. Anything worth seeing/attending is worth exploring the proper avenues to obtain tickets.

What continues to amaze me is the sheer number of people who allow themselves to be defrauded. Back during the Vancouver Olympics there were people selling "tickets" where you'd pay 50% up front and the other 50% when the tickets were delivered. Of course no tickets existed in the first place, but who falls for such a bogus offer?

I will say, there are certain circumstances where I may consider purchasing a ticket. For example, the Rio Olympics have only sold something like 1/2 of the tickets so far, with the average prices being $18. I would feel comfortable buying a $18 for maybe $10 because the venue is only 1/2 full and the guy who bought dozens of seats just wants to recoup some money. And I'd be willing to take the risk that maybe my $10 wasn't authentic. But I'd never shell out double face value on Craigslist for a sold out event.

Between this http://deadspin.com/rio-has-given-up-on ... socialflow and some health issues around mosquitoes.
Maybe Rio Olympics could be a bust
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”