A tipsy romp - what's your fave memory?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Jo
Slot 16

A tipsy romp - what's your fave memory?

Post by Jo »

We all have our memories of tipsy romps.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Spirited-E ... tipsy-romp

What is one of your fonder memories?
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: A tipsy romp - what's your fave memory?

Post by Pat-Taporter »

One time in the 'real' Mexico our young and bashful taxi-tour guide described what he felt like the first time he got a hold of a bottle of Canadian whiskey. He said innocently, "I got this warm and loving feeling. My wife . . .." But he stopped there and blushed as we laughed.
Cheers!
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Mine dates back so far that one has to brush away the cobwebs to get through. We were living in San Diego at the time, and were so young and as poor as church mice.

Around the corner from where we lived (a seedy little neighbourhood but with a very real neighbourhood feel) was the Bumblebee Bar, owned by a lovely middle-aged woman, Bobbi. Once a month, she had a free beer night, along with a potluck supper.

Yes, that's right - all the beer you could drink, for free. And we, poor church mice that we were, took full advantage of this. It was a once-a-month tipsy extravaganza.

We rarely had the money to buy a beer in there on the other nights, yet in the spirit of a true neighbourhood bar, we were still made very welcome on free beer night.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

I forgot about this.

Señor Frog's

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”