Why are you still paying for Netflix...

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Why are you still paying for Netflix...

Post by cliffdiving »

I tried Netflix for a while but was unsatisfied...so with a little help from my friends I found Kodi...if you want to watch every show or movie you could possibly think of for free then go to https://www.tvaddons.ag/ and download the TVMC Kodi app ... cheers!
Last edited by cliffdiving on Jul 2nd, 2016, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Why are you still paying for Netflix...

Post by Gixxer »

Trailer Park Boys

Enough said thread is over
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

That is a site for add ons for Kodi. You will need the program here or purchase a streaming box. Either way you will need some computer smarts to install the apps to watch shows and movies.

https://kodi.tv/
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

Bsuds wrote:That is a site for add ons for Kodi. You will need the program here or purchase a streaming box. Either way you will need some computer smarts to install the apps to watch shows and movies.

https://kodi.tv/

Actually https://www.tvaddons.ag/ installs everything you need and updates automatically, I've been using it for a while and have yet to not be able to find a show or movie. It takes a bit to figure out how to navigate through it but it's well worth it.
Last edited by cliffdiving on Jul 2nd, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I don't mind Netflix selection. Tons of interesting things to watch.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

cliffdiving wrote:Actually tvaddons.ag intalls everything you need and updates automatically, I've been using it for a while and have yet to not be able to find a show or movie. It takes a bit to figure out how to navigate through it but it's well worth it.

You are right, sorry missed that.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I just joined Netflix half a year ago - I'm always slow in embracing new media formats - so I'm good for now with my $5 a month subscription. I'm sure I'll explore other avenues down the road sometime.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

Sorry , I didn't want to *bleep* anybody off for paying for Netflix so I should have named the topic "alternatives to cable tv". I just wanted to let people who maybe can't afford the high cost of cable a reasonable option, thanks.
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Thanks for the info! I am going to try this and see how it fares against my Netflix - I tried to install it but couldn't figure out the tvaddon.ag portion as I can be somewhat technology challenged at times.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

perspicacious wrote:Thanks for the info! I am going to try this and see how it fares against my Netflix - I tried to install it but couldn't figure out the tvaddon.ag portion as I can be somewhat technology challenged at times.

There are lots of sites explaining the installing of add-ons. That's how I did it. Google it.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

https://www.tvaddons.ag/
go to this site scroll down til you see your operating system then click install. When you are done installing, start the TVMC icon on your quicklaunch menu...looks like a tv with a start button in it...rest your mouse pointer on videos and you will see a few boxes with names on them such as "EXODUS" or "Velocity" , click on one of them they are both awesome sources for streaming movies or tv shows...you will then see a menu come up... pick a genre,search,most played,etc. and then you will see a plethora of choices of whatever you chose..movies etc....click on one and you will see a bunch of streaming sites...click one til you find one that satisfies you...remember these are streaming sites from all over the world so the odd one may glitch but I have had few problems once I learned how to navigate the kodi platform...it wont take you long. Don't bother with trying to learn how to program the kodi addons yourself because the site I provided does it automatically. When you get comfortable with using it you can addon live sports and tv , also every music song you can think of, karaoke, whatever...I'll keep checking back and provide support when I can.
feverspore

Post by feverspore »

Kodi is awesome. But you need a pretty fast internet connection, and it is a tremendous learning curve to getting it to run on a pc. Simplest solution is a Kodi box, but that's money.

Good thread.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Maybe I'm a sucker, but by choice I don't stream or download pirated music, movies, or TV shows. It's not that I haven't ever done it though, I have chosen to no longer do it... years ago I was a user of Napster and Limewire, but I haven't ever downloaded a movie or TV show that I can remember.

I don't feel right doing it, but I also don't judge those that do. I feel that I should pay for content like this... especially for the stuff I really enjoy. I pay for Netflix, use iTunes to download movies and TV shows, and subscribe to Apple Music. It doesn't break the bank and it rewards people for making enjoyable content.
Last edited by Jonrox on Jun 28th, 2016, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

feverspore wrote:Kodi is awesome. But you need a pretty fast internet connection, and it is a tremendous learning curve to getting it to run on a pc. Simplest solution is a Kodi box, but that's money.

Good thread.

$50 isn't too much.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

feverspore wrote:Kodi is awesome. But you need a pretty fast internet connection, and it is a tremendous learning curve to getting it to run on a pc. Simplest solution is a Kodi box, but that's money.

Good thread.

Yes you do need to have to pay good money to your isp for the ability to stream, but https://www.tvaddons.ag/ saves you some bucks by not getting "bent over" by the $ hungry media providers.
It is a learning curve and is not as user friendly as Netflix, but the content is FAR superior to any other streaming site. It's worth the few hours to get comfortable with it!
Streaming boxes are a good one time investment but I already have an investment...my laptop, I prefer this because I can connect it to any tv in my house or just carry it around with me so i can watch while I cook, eat, bathroom break lol etc.

Thanks for stopping by feverspore :up:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”