Seniors liable to get arrested for playing chess

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Seniors liable to get arrested for playing chess

Post by Always Sunny »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Maybe the are entitled, maybe they aren't. My Dad was one of those Old Men(not the chess players), used to meet his fossilized buddies at the A&W. Like most guys that age he was a Veteran. All he did was fight for his country and then settle down raise his family. These old guys shouldn't be out and about in town, they should just be rotting in a nursing home somewhere. Oh wait, they don't let them stay there either unless they are nearly dead. I never heard of any business giving them the bum's rush, or having them arrested. But it would be something to see on the news. We better figure out somewhere to put these old folks who are still mobile because before long they are going to be , one in four, Aging elderly Baby boomers.

You certainly have a flair for the dramatic.

Silverstarqueen wrote:I wonder how many young people are arrested for lingering over a drink for too long?

Spin it whatever way you need to eh?

No one said after one incident "leave now or we're calling the cops". They've been provided the request by management in writing. They've been provided some reasonable alternative locations. The mall management has even offered $500 towards the use of other facilities. If after all of that these men still feel the need to defy those requests, then the mall may pursue other measures (which involve the police).

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”