Fluffy's Favorite Butter Chicken Recipe

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fluffy's Favorite Butter Chicken Recipe

Post by fluffy »

An easy, no fuss weekday recipe that's ready in as much time as it takes to make a pot of rice. Real rice. Not that minute rice junk.

1.) Put on a pot of rice.
2.) Slice three skinless chicken breasts length wise, you know, to make six thinner but full size chicken breasts, then slice across into quarter inch slices.
3.) Cook the chicken in a large skillet or stir-fry pan, in 1/4 cup of butter.
4.) As the chicken cooks sliver one medium onion and add to the chicken.
5.) Mix a whole envelope of Fusion Spice Works butter chicken sauce mix (in the international section at Save-On Foods) with two cups of milk and mix. Use the mild stuff, the regular is really hot. The mild has a little heat to it too, but the regular will curl your toes.
6.) When the chicken is no longer showing any pink, add the sauce plus...
7.) One 540 ml can of chunky cut stewed tomatoes. I use Alymer's "Accents" No Salt Added.
8.) Allow to simmer gently until the rice is done.
9.) Serve with Naan, also available pre-made at Save-On. Warm it in the oven wrapped lightly in a damp (not wet) tea towel.

Enjoy.
Last edited by fluffy on May 12th, 2016, 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Fluffy's Favorite Butter Chicken Recipe

Post by Queen K »

:130:

Thanks, back to work starting tomorrow and getting any good dinner tips helps.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Not quite authentic but I like that you add your own spices as packages stuff sometimes scares me. You could replace the cream cheese with no fat greek yogurt or cream.

http://victoriafamilymeals.blogspot.ca/ ... icken.html
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Buy the butter chicken sauce from Don O Ray Vegetables once they open, it's very mild, we add spices to "kick" it up.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My daughter makes the Butter Chicken in our family - we have all of Sandi Richard's cookbooks (they're wonderful!)

This is one of her versions from her facebook page

I loooove Butter Chicken but I know my arteries are screaming when I eat it! (and my tummy... as it's not used to that much fat!) sooo I cracked an Easy weeknight version, made it in minutes and OMGoodness! I know it seems like a long list-- but 6 items are spice, so it's actually a super short recipe! If you can't find garam masala, try Real Canadian Superstore. Their ethnic style section has different spices than the regular spice section! It's a big bag, but inexpensive…share with a friend! I have heard Bulk Barn has it as well.
What you'll need:
3 Tbsp Becel Buttery (or butter-but I used Becel after all I was trying to cut out some of the saturated fat)
1 lb chicken thigh, boneless skinless (or use breast)
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp Garlic and herb salt free seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash but Kirkland's is nice too)
pinch of salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1-2 tsp tandoori or madras curry paste
2 tsp peanut butter
1-398mL can coconut milk, light
1 cup tomato sauce (I used Ragu Old world mushroom)

What you do:
Melt Becel in a large non stick fry pan at medium heat
Cut chicken into bite size pieces adding to pan as you cut. Stir occasionally until they brown slightly. Reduce heat to simmer.
Add spice, brown sugar and curry. Stir until well combined
add coconut milk and tomato sauce. Stir! That's it! Put on a pot of basmati rice while it's simmering and a veg. If you like your butter chicken really loose, just add a little milk or almond milk. the spice will hold the flavour!

My daughter uses the madras curry paste when she makes it.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”