Tragically Hip scalpers

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
smoky500
Fledgling

Tragically Hip scalpers

Post by smoky500 »

Sad how scalpers take advantage of getting presale tickets then turn around and resell them at inflated prices. I think they should institute a lottery system where you buy a ticket for $1, then they do a draw, first ticket out gets first crack at buying a limited number of tickets, second number out gets second pick, etc. The funds from the $1 lottery get donated to a charity, the scalpers wouldn't be able to get first pick at tickets. Kind of like when you had to wait in line for tickets, you line up (sometimes a day ahead) were given a number for you to come back once tickets were on sale.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tragically Hip scalpers

Post by GrooveTunes »

Drop the pre sale tickets altogether.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Scalpers don't give damn they seen a money maker and are taking full advantage of it.

It's a shame
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

this is modern capitalism at its finest. no rules as long as it makes money and someone pays.
as far as the same company having a shell company buying all the tickets....that is shady.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

KINGSTON, ON - The Tragically Hip has announced that it will be cancelling its final national tour as the members of the band were unable to acquire tickets to any of the 15 events they were set to perform at.

The group made the announcement after it became clear that TicketMaster had already sold the band’s backstage passes to scalpers and was unable to purchase them back at a reasonable price.

“$3,500 just to see myself perform!”said Gord Downie, looking at the prices on StubHub. “And that’s in US dollars?!”

http://www.thebeaverton.com/national/it ... re-tickets
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Nice try ... The Beaverton is a news satire and parody publication . All articles contained within this website, however similar to real events, are fictitious. When public figures are mentioned by name, the corresponding story details are invented. In all other cases, any resemblance to actual persons or events is entirely coincidental.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

The Beaverton is my second most trusted news source...after The Onion.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Well then . . ..

If ticket sales are expected to be this bad for this type tour, then best hire a pro to take care of things.

TORONTO (The News Desk) — . . . Stephen Harper revealed that he had recently accepted a new role as the head of ticket pre-sales for Ticketmaster. . . .

http://syruptrap.ca/2016/06/stephen-har ... pre-sales/
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Castanet.net

Second chance to get Hip

David Wylie - Jun 13, 2016 / 4:18 pm | Story: 168155

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#168155

Scalpers got you feeling so hard done by?

Have courage. The Tragically Hip announced more tickets are going on sale for their upcoming Canadian tour, which is also expected to be their last with lead singer Gord Downie diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

New tickets will be going on sale through Ticketmaster at 10 a.m. local time Tuesday, with a two-ticket-per-person purchase limit.

<snip>

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”