Sundowner Meats

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
WheresShayNee

Sundowner Meats

Post by WheresShayNee »

What happened to Sundowner Meats in Lake Country? I drove down Beaver Lake Road yesterday and was surprised to see the building is empty and the signage has been removed.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Sundowner Meats

Post by Barney Google »

Retired
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

What I heard was that he was only renting the building & that the landlord jacked the rent up too high so he said "See ya Winfield". Heard that he's opening a shop in Lumby.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Their operation has been moved to Lumby.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

thats what happens...jack up the price....so they can have a empty building insted of a leased one.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Symbonite wrote:thats what happens...jack up the price....so they can have a empty building insted of a leased one.

I'm sure that didn't help any, but in Lumby they are able to consolidate the whole operation in one place, as they have an acreage for the cattle, so home, cattle, and butcher shop are all in the same place.

I hope someone else fills that void here since now the only local source of meat is IGA and Save On.

I prefer independent butchers.

We have plenty of land on Main Street for a butcher shop. :biggrin:
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Isn't T-Bones coming to that new develpment at Oceola?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I loved that years ago, he had a notice on his reader board telling everyone that a local had written him a bad check and was apparently not in any hurry to make it right.

That was comedy.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

KL3-Something wrote:Isn't T-Bones coming to that new develpment at Oceola?

I honestly have no idea what's going in there. I've heard various things from Boston Pizza to Quality Greens, but no confirmation, speaking for myself only.

I think I'll be making an occasional jaunt to Lumby just to grab some seasoned buffalo burgers, and blueberry buffalo sausages.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I have known the owners of Sundowner Meats for 25+ years - the quality products they sell and the butchery service they provide is second to none. It would be well worth a trip to Lumby even if it's nothing more than to 'give the gears' to the next generation that is taking over the reins to let them know they have very high standards to live up to.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Always stopped in to get bones for my dog as they were quite cheap, bought some good meat there also.
Sure do love Rutland!!
WheresShayNee

Post by WheresShayNee »

Sorry for going off topic...I was talking to one of the workers at the new mall on Oceola and he said so far it's Boston Pizza, IDA Pharmacy and Woody's Beer & Wine going in there...time will tell...but...T-Bones or another Johnny's would be wonderful!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

WheresShayNee wrote:Sorry for going off topic...I was talking to one of the workers at the new mall on Oceola and he said so far it's Boston Pizza, IDA Pharmacy and Woody's Beer & Wine going in there...time will tell...but...T-Bones or another Johnny's would be wonderful!

If IDA and Woody's are moving in there it's but another fine example of the Lake Country business shell game.

I'd love to see some new stuff set up shop here, but for the most part all we have is existing businesses abandoning one site to move to another.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Stores going into the new mall: Boston Pizza, a second IDA Pharmacy with medical clinic (present IDA Pharmacy staying where it is - there will 2 of them in Winfield), Starbucks. * and Woody's cold beer & wine.

Not in that mall but still great news for Lake Country ...New Ace Hardware opening soon at the old hardware store across from Woodsdale Store .

I agree. A meat shop would be a great addition to the area.
Boss316

Post by Boss316 »

Anybody have the address in Lumby that they are located at?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”