24 hour food delivery in Kelowna

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister

24 hour food delivery in Kelowna

Post by Sonny Taylor »

Perhaps I'm touching on a subject that has been discussed before here, but there seems to be some level of demand here for 24 hour food delivery.

Myself being in the taxi business; I am aware of this demand; but our company and at least one other competitor won't deliver food for numerous reasons including getting stuck with a dissatisfying order or people simply not responding by phone or knock/ring upon delivery. We can't bring the food back to the vendor after refusal or no contact. I can sympathize with Pizza (or other) delivery services for how this must also occasionally happen to them. We won't even accept calls from people who want simply to take us into the McDonalds drive through without a further destination because of the wait time.

Before I migrated here to Kelowna from Toronto 12 years ago, there was "TJ Quigleys" in Toronto. 24 hour delivery, not cheap, really good meals including Swss Chalet style chicken or rib dinners. I'm not aware of anything similar in Kelowna.

It might be a business opportunity for someone to create such a service. But then again perhaps it has been tried and failed. I know many of the potential customers for such a service at night are perhaps intoxicated. I also think that more than one or two such services may flood the limited market and put each other out of business.

Something like TJ Quigleys was in Toronto would be cool here (and I would order). I wonder if that sort of thing is viable here.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: 24 hour food delivery in Kelowna

Post by whatwhat »

I know of a business called "Postmates" who delivers anything 24/7 (for a price of course), including food. I believe it is only available in the states right now, but I could see people using it here.
hail Satan y'all
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: 24 hour food delivery in Kelowna

Post by TylerM4 »

Would you deliver if the customer pre-paid the store?

Most will take credit card info over the phone now won't they?

Can't think of any 24/7 places tho :(

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”