2016 Emmys

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

2016 Emmys

Post by fluffy »

Regina native Tatiana Maslany scooped the Emmy for Best Actress in a Lead Role last night, for her portrayal of multiple characters in the Space Channel series "Orphan Black". The series has just been renewed for its fifth and final season and is some fine viewing. Like so many series these days, you really have to catch this one from the beginning.

https://vimeo.com/142261827
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: 2016 Emmys

Post by Symbonite »

Totally missed it...but not missed at the same time...

But I guess thats what happens when you dont have TV or Cable Or satellite!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Symbonite wrote:But I guess thats what happens when you dont have TV or Cable Or satellite!

Short attention span ? :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

2016 Emmys

Post by Rosemary1 »

Following last year's complaints on insufficient minority representation at the Oscars, the Emmy's changed their own rules putting a quota of 25% to include more minority groups. An African American winner in his thank you speech thanked all who ticked box beside his name even if they didn't know who he was. Somewhat disturbing and bittersweet moment that maybe showed the double edged sword of arbitrarily imposed quotas?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

True. Why should anything but talent and achievement be a yardstick here ?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”