Brangelina no more...

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Brangelina no more...

Post by Barney Google »

Lady tehMa wrote:So, why?

Totally agree with you there Lady tehMa...I don't get it either...and am often flummoxed as to why people are.

I've met a number of 'celebrities' in my lifetime and I treat them just the same as I would anyone else.

We all put our pants on one leg at a time.
I've never found a reason to be anymore 'entranced' with someone who is an entertainer or
'well known' any more than I am with someone who is say a farmer or mechanic.
In fact, I kinda tend to admire the later more because I can relate to them better and
might get something out of the relationship...LOL :up:

So I too don't get what all the followings and fawning are about...
could also never figure out why some people would crazily throw their undergarments at an entertainer '
while they were performing.

Perhaps someone herein can explain...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Brangelina no more...

Post by Lady tehMa »

whatwhat wrote:
Why does anyone follow anything? Why do some people follow sports teams and athletes?

I would assume it all has to do with entertainment. Obviously people find some celebrities, and following their lives entertaining.

Yes, why do people follow anything obsessively? Like sports teams or sports stars, or authors even?

I can understand finding things entertaining, I follow sports in a desultory fashion, am more excited when a new book comes out; but I don't place people (or things) on pedestals. I sort of view it as a sickness, personally. It's like all ability to judge or respond to things rationally goes out the window.

I know a professional women in her late 30's who practically had a meltdown when she heard her favourite band was playing Vegas. I can understand the reaction in a teenager, 13 maybe. But someone who has more advanced cognitive skills? It is mind boggling, to say the least.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”