47063
38251

Radio Station Survey

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Radio Station Survey

Postby twofingers » Dec 2nd, 2016, 12:00 pm

These are interesting statistics! CBC finally gets knocked out of first place.
When you add up all the market shares, it comes to 84.7%. Wonder what the other 15.3% of people listen to.
Maybe, like in real life, it's just static???
User avatar
twofingers
Fledgling
 
Posts: 292
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby deedub » Dec 2nd, 2016, 12:10 pm

K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .
deedub
Fledgling
 
Posts: 205
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby techrtr » Dec 2nd, 2016, 1:03 pm

deedub wrote:K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .


OMG, they play Nick Guilder "Hot Child in the City" about 30 times a day. The guy was awful during the 70's and listening to him is no better today. You're absolutely right - they play the same 50 or 60 songs over and over again. It's horrible.
techrtr
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 758
Likes: 56 posts
Liked in: 650 posts
Joined: Jul 5th, 2005, 6:47 am

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby Barney Google » Dec 4th, 2016, 6:05 am

Caint teach an ol dawg new tricks...nor change one darned set in his ways...

No matter the survey results I'm stickin' to my guns and keepin' my dial set to CBC.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
Barney Google
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3873
Likes: 3303 posts
Liked in: 3267 posts
Joined: Feb 6th, 2010, 9:10 am
Location: It varies...

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby just popping in » Dec 4th, 2016, 4:48 pm

techrtr wrote:
deedub wrote:K96.3 , Kelowna's home of Repetitive Retro Rock . I think they have a play list of about 60 songs .


OMG, they play Nick Guilder "Hot Child in the City" about 30 times a day. The guy was awful during the 70's and listening to him is no better today. You're absolutely right - they play the same 50 or 60 songs over and over again. It's horrible.


I agree, can almost set your clock by the same tunes. They certainly don't play a variety of Classic rock. There are so many tunes that could be played but no......

Weekends seem to be better, I am sure there are many who would want to see what they have to offer and pick out some 'real' Classic rock.
just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2566
Likes: 160 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:15 pm

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby deedub » Dec 5th, 2016, 8:40 am

Yea , classics hits only ! Not a whole lot of variety .
deedub
Fledgling
 
Posts: 205
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby Lady tehMa » Dec 11th, 2016, 11:48 am

twofingers wrote:These are interesting statistics! CBC finally gets knocked out of first place.
When you add up all the market shares, it comes to 84.7%. Wonder what the other 15.3% of people listen to.
Maybe, like in real life, it's just static???


I don't listen to radio - I have a playlist on my phone I listen to when I'm driving. At home if I want to listen to something I'll pull up a youtube channel I like. There's a really nice one with some beautiful relaxing music - mainly strings - that I prefer.

I find ads not only distracting but they heighten my anxiety levels, or just plain make me irritable.
I haven't failed until I quit.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16781
Likes: 13553 posts
Liked in: 3384 posts
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 2:51 pm

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby Bsuds » Dec 11th, 2016, 12:38 pm

My car's entertainment system has a 20G HD with all the songs I care about loaded on it. Haven't listened to a radio station in years...do they still have those? :D

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 40916
Likes: 7082 posts
Liked in: 8909 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby techrtr » Aug 14th, 2017, 7:04 am

Radio in Kelowna sucks. When I'm driving around I listen to 96.3 because it sucks the least although they only play about 50 songs over and over. When I'm at work I listen to Rock 101 out of Vancouver. The difference between radio stations in the big centers as compared to hick towns like Kelowna is incredible.
techrtr
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 758
Likes: 56 posts
Liked in: 650 posts
Joined: Jul 5th, 2005, 6:47 am

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby Queen K » Aug 14th, 2017, 7:13 am

Barney Google wrote:Caint teach an ol dawg new tricks...nor change one darned set in his ways...

No matter the survey results I'm stickin' to my guns and keepin' my dial set to CBC.


My only problem with CBC is that they are quite often in an interesting discussion when I'm pulling up to a house I have to go in and NOW, not when the discussion is over. So it's like, I get some of the story and then none of it. :-X
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

Urbane likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48468
Likes: 8701 posts
Liked in: 9548 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby GordonH » Aug 14th, 2017, 7:16 am

Bsuds wrote:My car's entertainment system has a 20G HD with all the songs I care about loaded on it. Haven't listened to a radio station in years...do they still have those? :D

Exactly.
In my vehicle my ipod has 400+ songs on shuffle, at home its either internet radio or Shaw Stingray music.
I to have not listened to local radio in a couple of decades.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18133
Likes: 1788 posts
Liked in: 5614 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Radio Station Survey

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 14th, 2017, 7:20 am

CBC news, Talk radio thru Rogers(I like call-in shows), Sirius.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3244
Likes: 789 posts
Liked in: 1390 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 4:40 pm


Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests