Carrie Fisher has died

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Carrie Fisher has died

Post by Queen K »

Like millions around the World, I'm mourning the death of a pop cultural icon. I don't consider that getting "bent out of shape."
I'm well aware that drugs and alcohol and smoking contribute to early death, I'm the one who holds the spoon of jello up for a woman on Oxygen so she can get fluids because she smoked so hard she ruined her lungs. No need to hear about it.

And yes, I agree about the onslaught expected in 2017.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ I suspect it was self medicating, due to mental health issues.

& repost
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Like millions around the World, I'm mourning the death of a pop cultural icon. I don't consider that getting "bent out of shape."
I'm well aware that drugs and alcohol and smoking contribute to early death, I'm the one who holds the spoon of jello up for a woman on Oxygen so she can get fluids because she smoked so hard she ruined her lungs. No need to hear about it.

And yes, I agree about the onslaught expected in 2017.

I could have worded that better, I think. I've seen you get distraught with each new death that is announced and it worries me because it isn't going to be slowing down. :132:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you think this is distraught, wait til Sir Elton John or Sir Paul McCarty pass away. Then you'll see distraught.

I have precious memories of the love story between Hans Solo and Princess Leia and was really distraught when The Awakening revealed they couldn't even keep it together and had a son go to the Dark Side. That was DISTRAUGHT!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Sad to see Carrie Fisher has passed away from a heart attack. She was brutally honest about her struggles with mental illness, bipolar, the effects of prescription drugs that did not always properly balance out her illness, the effects of drugs and alcohol to self medicate leading to alcoholism and addiction. She was not hiding her problems in a closet, she did her best through her books to let others know that she shared their mental illness. She was a voice in the darkness for many, a person who gave hope with a dose of dark humour about her own life struggles.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher you reached out to many.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... ncess-leia
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I am seeing reports that Debbie Reynolds has been taken to the hospital, possible stroke.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

ferri wrote:I am seeing reports that Debbie Reynolds has been taken to the hospital, possible stroke.

Oh no that is sad for the family, some how feel it must be related. Debby Reynolds too has had her share of ill fortune.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/d ... her-mother
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/1846 ... nolds-dies

Day after Her daughter passed away Debbie is gone. My condolences on her passing
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Queen K wrote:
If you think this is distraught, wait til Sir Elton John or Sir Paul McCarty pass away. Then you'll see distraught.

I have precious memories of the love story between Hans Solo and Princess Leia and was really distraught when The Awakening revealed they couldn't even keep it together and had a son go to the Dark Side. That was DISTRAUGHT!

I won't be affected in any way if elton john dies before me.
I've never met him. I used to like him as an artist- he was certainly no less than an icon.
Unfortunately, he's contributed nothing to his art in almost 4 decades. He just does shows churning the same stuff that he's done for decades.
Anyone can do repetition. He's little more than a tribute band to his former self.
He shows no consideration for the audience that allowed him to get to the position he's in. It's just tour tour tour doing the same stuff so his husband can continue buying houses for his boyfriends.

Art should inspire. Reggies art inspired many years ago.
Unfortunately its just become another geezer band relying on original hits from the 70s to make money.

Paul McCartney? He'll go soon enough too.
We all will.
Many around us will go while we're alive, and we'll go before many of them.
It's inevitable.
I'm not that old , but I've lived all over and I know a lot of people. There's rarely a day goes by where I don't know someone who died.

I never hear peeps say a peep when someone who contributed substantially to humanity passes- someone who found cure for a disease or discovered a formula that changed economics or created a machine that revolutionalized the way man lives.
There's a short blurb on the news, and even most of the peeps listening don't have a clue who they are.

I watched an Aerosmith concert the other day.
I was impressed with Tyler's conditioning.
Same old crap from the same decades, not quite my style either, but I was impressed with him.
Joe perry is starting to look a bit like Keith Richards...

But when they go?
Nada.

There's thousands more who contributed significantly more.
And none of them are actors or musicians.

Now, if I owned one of Clapton's guitars and he died...
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I actually believe we are mourning the loss of our youth through them.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”