Best place to buy groceries?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Best place to buy groceries?

Post by w84u2 »

Even Steven wrote:
Bsuds wrote:What are you buying that you eat that fast?

LOL, beats me. But every week it's $100-$150 gone at Costco :(

Two packs of fish - that's $40-50 right away. One pack of chicken. Some cheese, some milk, some eggs. Broccoli, avocado, figs, cucumbers. Throw in some incidentals like paper towels, protein, or TP, or shower gel, or coffee, or detergent, etc - and there you have it.

Fish for dinner lasts 2-3 days. Chicken gets used for lunches, so 4-5 days. Eggs and the rest for breakfast. Rest of it just blends in.

WOW!.....Although it has been a long time since I bought for my family of 4.........you guys eat pretty good.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Can't imagine paying that much for fish to last just a few days when you can go fishing and freeze up a supply. Superstore has a deal on:
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0033861_KG
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Costco fish and seafood is seasonal, very expensive, very fresh (not frozen), and worth the cost of the premium price. Too fancy for me.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:Can't imagine paying that much for fish to last just a few days when you can go fishing

I've never been skunked at a grocery store.

Let's see, If you tallied up the $$$$$ invested in going fishing it can easily work out
to Hundreds of Dollars a pound. Many variables.

I love fishing, and going often, but it has little to do about my food source.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

dirtybiker wrote:
Fancy wrote:Can't imagine paying that much for fish to last just a few days when you can go fishing

I've never been skunked at a grocery store.

Let's see, If you tallied up the $$$$$ invested in going fishing it can easily work out
to Hundreds of Dollars a pound. Many variables.

I love fishing, and going often, but it has little to do about my food source.

Exactly, that is why I am looking for lake front property.....to cut my price/ lb.for fresh Rainbow Trout....MMmmmmmm
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote:We spend about $200/week on groceries. That's pretty normal for people with kids a home.

As they get older, expect to spend even more. Eating machines, I tell you!
I haven't failed until I quit.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

When I was growing up, they called it, "The Hallow Leg Syndrome". Do you still use that term these days?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm a vegetarian, between my large garden, my fruit and nut trees, the food bank, a govt web site that gives away surplus military MREs, and Sally Ann Xmas hampers, I haven't spent a penny on food in 20 years.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

w84u2 wrote:When I was growing up, they called it, "The Hallow Leg Syndrome". Do you still use that term these days?

Hollow Leg Syndrome,the Black Hole, there were a few.

Mom used to say to each of us kids "Your indian name would be one-long-gut" - that sort of thing nowadays would get you crucified by the PC police.

She compared us to gannets (was the english from her mom) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gannet
The gannet's supposed capacity for eating large quantities of fish has led to "gannet" becoming a disapproving description of somebody who eats excessively, similar to "glutton".

We did eat a lot. But so do my kids. All kids - especially teens! - eat a large amount.
I haven't failed until I quit.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

w84u2 wrote:Exactly, that is why I am looking for lake front property.....to cut my price/ lb.for fresh Rainbow Trout....MMmmmmmm

I hear the City will grant a 29 year lease on lakefront property for pennies,

All you need is the right lobby group and a fancy (en)title(ment)

Sorry, couldn't resist,,,,Delete away....off topic..

:topic:

I like pudding ! :D
Last edited by dirtybiker on Jan 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Hollow Leg Syndrome,the Black Hole, there were a few.

I think "Black Hole" is politically incorrect. Let's see how long both our posts last........?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Flyer shop, NEVER buy meat at Walmart or Superstore, Costco but don't buy beef there as they needle it, chicken is great and also having a vacuum sealer is the way to go
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Real Canadian Wholesale Club is pretty good for some items too (eg. milk), but not others (eg. cereal).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
redwine

Post by redwine »

whitecandle wrote:Superstore, Walmart and Save-On-Foods will match prices when you bring in the competitor's flyer.

Download the Sale Whale app and find your items on sale - works at superstore and save on! No more carrying flyers around :)
perhaps the straight and narrow would be wider if more people used it
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Post by cliffdiving »

One stop shop at Save-On Orchard Plaza but if I need something qwik n easy I run to Peters Your Independent Grocer or PYIG if you prefer formerly Extra Foods at Capri Centre Mall :up:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”