Stuart McLean passes away

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Poindexter
Guru

Stuart McLean passes away

Post by Poindexter »

Stuart McLean, bestselling author and host of CBC Radio’s ‘Vinyl Cafe,’ has died. He was 68.

CBC said the celebrated storyteller, who had been diagnosed with skin cancer, died Wednesday in Toronto.

Such a huge loss, wife and I have enjoyed his radio show for years and never missed his live performance when he came to Kelowna.

He was a brilliant, one of a kind writer and story teller and the world is a lesser place without him.

My condolences to his family, friends and all the fans like myself who will miss him immensely.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Stuart McLean passes away

Post by Poindexter »

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We listened on CBC to his story telling about hapless Dave. So funny.

Stuart McLean will be missed.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

No matter where I traveled or what I was doing at any particular time in my life when

I would hear Stuart McLean's voice come across the radio waves I thought of my beloved home, Canada.

He brought home style gentle Canadian humour and entertainment to all of us...he truly will be missed!
Last edited by Barney Google on Feb 15th, 2017, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We have various Vinyl Cafe collections and enjoy listening to them when on road trips. Stuart McLean was a master storyteller and will be missed.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Glad I saw him in concert in Kamloops a few years ago. You can't just replace a guy like this.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”