What is most suitable section of this board for snowbirds?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Hermes
Fledgling

What is most suitable section of this board for snowbirds?

Post by Hermes »

I mean for dealing with GIS eligibility, immigration matters, half-time living in BC, HIBC issues, income taxes, warm season only living, seasonal rentals, short-term jobs, etc. Seems to me this is a specific niche that covers various categories. And it is neither subject (money, food) nor region-specific.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What is most suitable section of this board for snowbird

Post by GordonH »

Hermes wrote:I mean for dealing with GIS eligibility, immigration matters, half-time living in BC, HIBC issues, income taxes, warm season only living, seasonal rentals, short-term jobs, etc. Seems to me this is a specific niche that covers various categories. And it is neither subject (money, food) nor region-specific.

Post were you believe it best fits if the Mods move it, easy way to find your posts:

click on User Control Panel> scroll down then click on Show your posts> then click on Jump to post
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Hermes wrote:I mean for dealing with GIS eligibility, immigration matters, half-time living in BC, HIBC issues, income taxes, warm season only living, seasonal rentals, short-term jobs, etc. Seems to me this is a specific niche that covers various categories. And it is neither subject (money, food) nor region-specific.

But I bin through all that stuff already to experience the life, for my photobiz, and teach English in several countries. Different province and probably all outdated now. Caught about all there is to catch, 'cept malaria, but do get a tetanus shot.

Maybe you could try starting a thread under this topic and post your questions / advice.

Travel Section (thanks to, Hassel99, below)

viewforum.php?f=6

It's done! Thanks mods.

Although, the boffins came up with this, of which I'm not a member, so can't vouch for its usefulness.

http://www.snowbirds.org/home
Last edited by f/22 on Apr 25th, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Try the travel section for discussion regarding travel.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

As a retiree you likely have enough time on your hands to stir a number of pots at once. :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”