InstaPot - who has one?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: InstaPot - who has one?

Post by Always Sunny »

Best purchase I’ve made in a long time. I went with the 3 quart mini and it’s plenty big enough for my needs. I can’t do a whole frozen chicken or racks of ribs, but I’m fine with that.

Wanted to add, because I bought her smallest one, accessories are few and far between on Amazon (always sold out). I found it was a better option anyway to order direct (https://store.instantpot.ca/). Ordered my tempered glass lid Saturday night, it shipped Monday morning, and I got it the next day (the warehouse is in Burnaby). Cheaper than Amazon had it listed and free shipping on any amount.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Walmart has the IP-LUX60 Instapot on sale for $48.88 if anyone is looking for one. Cdn. Tire sold out yesterday - none in stock from Westbank to Chilliwack.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

A few of my friends have picked some up - I'm really excited for them! My mom was pretty interested in seeing mine when she visited recently :biggrin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

I just asked for one for my birthday :) I want the 7 in 1 so I can also make YOGURT!!!
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Amazon has the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 on sale for $89.99 (free shipping) ... has all the bells 'n whistles plus the yogurt maker and sterilizer.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NBK ... _i=desktop
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Cdn. Tire sold out yesterday. You won't find one in Westbank, Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Vernon, Oliver, Merritt, Salmon Arm, Kamloops, Castlegar, Trail or Chilliwack. The Cnd. Tire store where they were picked up for me yesterday sold out of 64 units in less than 2 hours. The other 3 stores within a 10 mile radius of that store sold 273 units in less than 4 hours.

Walmart has the same model on sale for $48.88.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^Cdn. Tire sold out yesterday. You won't find one in Westbank, Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Vernon, Oliver, Merritt, Salmon Arm, Kamloops, Castlegar, Trail or Chilliwack. The Cnd. Tire store where they were picked up for me yesterday sold out of 64 units in less than 2 hours. The other 3 stores within a 10 mile radius of that store sold 273 units in less than 4 hours.

The one at Walmart is the Lux model, the one from Canadian Tire was the Duo which is a slightly more premium option.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I made 100 cabbage rolls from scratch today and used it twice. Once for cooking the rice (took 15 minutes and came out perfect) and once for pressure cooking the sauce.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^Cdn. Tire sold out yesterday. You won't find one in Westbank, Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Vernon, Oliver, Merritt, Salmon Arm, Kamloops, Castlegar, Trail or Chilliwack. The Cnd. Tire store where they were picked up for me yesterday sold out of 64 units in less than 2 hours. The other 3 stores within a 10 mile radius of that store sold 273 units in less than 4 hours.

Always Sunny wrote:The one at Walmart is the Lux model, the one from Canadian Tire was the Duo which is a slightly more premium option.

Lucky me ... saved $47.68. Hubby picked 2 up from Cdn. Tire at 7am Thursday and 2 from Walmart at 6am Friday in Toronto. Called me and we went over the model number/description. Duh - both were the Duo so take the ones from Cdn. Tire back and keep the ones from Walmart.

Looks like they priced the wrong unit at Walmart or didn't get inventory of the advertised model and decided it was easier to sell the better model so customers didn't riot.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

oneh2obabe wrote:

Always Sunny wrote:The one at Walmart is the Lux model, the one from Canadian Tire was the Duo which is a slightly more premium option.

Lucky me ... saved $47.68. Hubby picked 2 up from Cdn. Tire at 7am Thursday and 2 from Walmart at 6am Friday in Toronto. Called me and we went over the model number/description. Duh - both were the Duo so take the ones from Cdn. Tire back and keep the ones from Walmart.

Looks like they priced the wrong unit at Walmart or didn't get inventory of the advertised model and decided it was easier to sell the better model so customers didn't riot.

Bonus! They must have priced them as you said, to make the customers happy. The 6 quart Lux model has a pretty standard price of $109 across the board, including Instant Pot’s one site, and is the original cost on the Walmart one. Same for the 6 quart Duo. It’s normally $129 just about everywhere and was the CT special.

$48.88 is well over half-off for that model, everyone I know would have been getting one for Christmas!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Always Sunny wrote:Bonus! They must have priced them as you said, to make the customers happy. The 6 quart Lux model has a pretty standard price of $109 across the board, including Instant Pot’s one site, and is the original cost on the Walmart one. Same for the 6 quart Duo. It’s normally $129 just about everywhere and was the CT special.

$48.88 is well over half-off for that model, everyone I know would have been getting one for Christmas!

Everyone on the list (Toronto and here) is getting one ... couldn't think of anyone else in T.O. that needed one or else I would have kept the extra ones.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

oneh2obabe wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:Bonus! They must have priced them as you said, to make the customers happy. The 6 quart Lux model has a pretty standard price of $109 across the board, including Instant Pot’s one site, and is the original cost on the Walmart one. Same for the 6 quart Duo. It’s normally $129 just about everywhere and was the CT special.

Everyone on the list (Toronto and here) is getting one ... couldn't think of anyone else in T.O. that needed one or else I would have kept the extra ones.

I’m a little upset with myself that I bought mine full price, but it was only $69.99US and the mini version which was definitely my preferred size. Anything else would have been overkill for my single self.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I made chicken soup tonight. Deboned what was left of a Costco chicken. Tied it up in cheesecloth. Chicken stock, veggies, seasoning. A handful of lentil mix and a handful of wild rice mix. Cooked on "multigrain". Pulled out the cheesecloth when done, put in the chicken and let it sit for a few minutes on warm. No real recipe, just seat-of-the-pants cooking. Husband came back for seconds and announced "that was real good!".

While it was cooking I started on my Christmas baking. Most of it is safely in the freezer now!
I haven't failed until I quit.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

All the instant pots were sold out in Kelowna on Black Friday and Amazon really had no deals. I kept checking back on Amazon on Cyber Monday and I scored a 6 in 1, duo pot for $69.99. Then within a short time, it went to $109.99. Wow, am I happy!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”