Wendys BC

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Kels_G

Wendys BC

Post by Kels_G »

Today in Westbank, British Columbia an Employee called me and my children PIGS. I dont know her name but i would like her to know that my 7 year old daughter is now wondering how she's a "pig" especially after some little boys called her a pig recently also. Yes 11 month old babies make messes eating and I was just about to clean off the table\high chair l mess after I went to the bathroom with my 11 month old son to clean his face
Joy 1980

Re: Wendys BC

Post by Joy 1980 »

That's an outrage! Both the employee and the manager need to be taken to task over this. The district manager and the regional manager need to be let know about this incident.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I think there is a systemic problem with particular outlet. I was there with family it was disgustingly dirty. I really couldn't believe it. I frequent the one in Penticton more often and it's spotless.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Kels_G wrote:Today in Westbank, British Columbia an Employee called me and my children PIGS. I dont know her name but i would like her to know that my 7 year old daughter is now wondering how she's a "pig" especially after some little boys called her a pig recently also.

So, your kids were called "pigs" in 2 separate "incidents", in 2 different locations and by different people? Hmmmm, I'm thinking that there is more to your story.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Dizzy1 wrote:Hmmmm, I'm thinking that there is more to your story.

I'm not. As far as I'm concerned this doesn't go any farther than a rude employee who doesn't know when to keep him s/her mouth shut. If the employee isn't comfortable cleaning up after people then he/she needs to consider alternate employment. His/her supervisor needs to know about this. I'd check to see if there's a Wendy's corporate website where the concern can be voiced.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fluffy wrote:
Dizzy1 wrote:Hmmmm, I'm thinking that there is more to your story.

I'm not. As far as I'm concerned this doesn't go any farther than a rude employee who doesn't know when to keep him s/her mouth shut. If the employee isn't comfortable cleaning up after people then he/she needs to consider alternate employment. His/her supervisor needs to know about this. I'd check to see if there's a Wendy's corporate website where the concern can be voiced.

While its not right for an employee to insult someone, however, I'm still convinced that there's more.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Joy 1980 wrote:That's an outrage! Both the employee and the manager need to be taken to task over this. The district manager and the regional manager need to be let know about this incident.

Why would the manager need to be "taking to task" for this??

I have posted about this before, but just because you have one negative experience with one employee, why do we need to send out the masses with pitch forks to try and end/destroy the reputation of the business owner/manager/business?

The Wendy's corporation, nor the manager sent this employee to call this kid a pig. That was her own doing (and I have to agree with Dizzy, there is always 2 sides to the story).
hail Satan y'all
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Employee was certainly out of place. Pigs or not, you don't call them on it. One instance of a rude employee does not need the attention of a district manager.

Agreed tho - 2 sides:

I've got young children that are thankfully now past the baby phase. We took them to restaurants on many occasions and avoided making big messes. I suspect that OP believes that since 11 month old babies are messy it's acceptable to make a mess of the place.

Clean it up? How - with napkins? Plus an 11Mo should not be eating anything that Wendy's sells.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

There is always 2 sides to this story...but like someone said...if 2 people from 2 places at two different times called on someone about their table manners..then there is something wrong.

Kids being kids...is not the answer as well.

TylerM4 wrote: Plus an 11Mo should not be eating anything that Wendy's sells.

Now this quote is awesome..well because your calling out someones way of raising their kid.

*popcorn*
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

my5cents wrote:I think there is a systemic problem with particular outlet. I was there with family it was disgustingly dirty. I really couldn't believe it. I frequent the one in Penticton more often and it's spotless.

West K vs Penticton... hmmmm.... which location do you think has more messy children visiting daily?

My best guess: The WK location needs more staff scheduled to assist with front-end cleaning. When it's busy, and all hands need to be at the counter and in the kitchen, the front end gets looked after when it gets looked after---not a moment before lest some person will rant that the fries are cold and the frosty has melted.
(This is just my opinion as a former customer servitude person in restaurants and retail)
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

I doubt even pigs would eat Wendy's food so I wouldn't take the insult too literally. [icon_lol2.gif]
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

So this employee called you and your children pigs. How did this occur? Did they come up to you and say to your face "you and your daughter are pigs!"

Or did you leave a big mess, abandon your table to go to the washroom and then find an employee muttering "pigs" while cleaning your mess?

Either way, considering the comment has been directed at your family on multiple occasions I am inclined to feel there is more to the story. This may be a teaching opportunity for your daughter, to show the importance of consideration and cleanliness and wipe off your table.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Some workers are great and some just suck.
It's always best to deal with these things at the very moment they occur, these places always have a shift manager or assistant manager you could approach. To take it further would seem you have an ax to grind.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

There are some families who keep their young children under control and teach them how to behave in a civilized manner in restaurants. If something gets spilled or dropped, they pick it up and will ask for a cloth if things get particularly messy.

It doesn't matter if it's a fast food eatery or not. Just because it's Wendy's or McDonnald's doesn't mean it's acceptable to make a big mess and allow your children to behave like animals. I was at a local restaurant recently and watched as a woman and her 3 young children made a colossal mess. Food, cutlery, napkins all over the place, including on the benches and floor. They simply got up at the end and left. I'm not going to lie...I though they were "pigs" too.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

kgcayenne wrote:West K vs Penticton... hmmmm.... which location do you think has more messy children visiting daily?

My best guess: The WK location needs more staff scheduled to assist with front-end cleaning. When it's busy, and all hands need to be at the counter and in the kitchen, the front end gets looked after when it gets looked after---not a moment before lest some person will rant that the fries are cold and the frosty has melted.
(This is just my opinion as a former customer servitude person in restaurants and retail)

Your correct kgcayeene, you are guessing. All Wendy's locations, unlike some chains, have front end staff who do nothing but clean.

Ya, I know, McDonalds staff come out once in a while and clean up, no so with Wendy's.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”