TV Channels and cost.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

TV Channels and cost.

Post by Bsuds »

I did a print out of the TV channels we are paying for. There are 107 channels in our package for $87 per month.
We watch 25-30 of them so I though I could save some money by reducing the "packages" we pay for.
I talked to our provider and I can reduce the channels but to keep what we watch the cost is the same!

The kicker is keeping the movie channels which my son watches. If it wasn't for that I could reduce it by $20.

Oh well I tried. I sure wish we could just pick the channels we want but they would just charge us more for it anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: TV Channels and cost.

Post by vegas1500 »

Bsuds wrote:I did a print out of the TV channels we are paying for. There are 107 channels in our package for $87 per month.
We watch 25-30 of them so I though I could save some money by reducing the "packages" we pay for.
I talked to our provider and I can reduce the channels but to keep what we watch the cost is the same!

The kicker is keeping the movie channels which my son watches. If it wasn't for that I could reduce it by $20.

Oh well I tried. I sure wish we could just pick the channels we want but they would just charge us more for it anyway.

Couldn't agree more, drives me crazy the way thye have channels in groups. To get 1 channel I like I have to pay for 20.... I bypass all movie channels and just download anything I want to watch..same with HBO shows.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

They got it all figured out. I watch mainly 4 major networks, 2 news channel, AMC(for 1 series) , Netflix.
Of course i got to put up with 60+channels to get what i want, about $120 with internet.
If i can figure a way to just watch what i want online without fuss id go strictly internet+ Netflix.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

jimmy4321 wrote:They got it all figured out. I watch mainly 4 major networks, 2 news channel, AMC(for 1 series) , Netflix.
Of course i got to put up with 60+channels to get what i want, about $120 with internet.
If i can figure a way to just watch what i want online without fuss id go strictly internet+ Netflix.

What do u watch, may be able to direct you to a site for downloading your shows. Been doing it for over 20 years with no issues. I ether stream to a smart tv from PC or put them on a hard drive and plug the drive into the tv.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

jimmy4321 wrote:They got it all figured out. I watch mainly 4 major networks, 2 news channel, AMC(for 1 series) , Netflix.

We're internet, Netflix and DVDs ie HBO Game of Thrones.

I don't feel I miss anything at all. Between the three and being busy with photography, and other interests, I miss nada. But I'm not into sports events, so that might make a difference.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

We got rid of cable and our bill went from $176 to $67. We increased our internet and now pay $80 plus Sports net $30 and CraveTV at $8 and now pay $118 per month. We got two chromecasts, a kodi. No regrets.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

TV is generally awful. I recommend a good game.
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

We didn't have a tv for 10 yrs and about 18 mths ago bought a 65" smart tv for Netflix.
Last boxing day got a 78" for the "movie room" and the other went to the bedroom.
Now for a good soundbar and we're really set for another 10 yrs

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”