Eminem tears into Trump

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
LolaB

Eminem tears into Trump

Post by LolaB »

Eminem is simply an idiot - no other name comes to my mind. Such characters just fuel the hate without using their brains. I am personally fed up with the "stars" voicing their uneducated political opinions and using their popularity to influence masses of people. The hate is spreading quickly as a bad type of illness through US and Canada which isn't helpful to anyone. Whatever president Trump would say is turned upside down into some crazy story. He isn't the best speaker, but not all of his ideas are bad or pointless but with such hate nothing good comes out of it.

It also became very popular between Canadian people to also hate Trump and if you'd dare to oppose to some of their nonsense talks or say something pro-Trump people stare you down and almost unfriend you immediately because you have your own opinion on politics. I would say to everyone - stop judging, Trump is not your president and quit complaining about everything and anything related to him. Just look into some true faux pas of Obama or any other presidents.... no one even dreamt about criticizing either of them with such force as they talk about Trump. And also check out closely your own puppet Trudeau - there are many good reasons to oppose his ideas but it's for some reason easier to criticize Trump when many famous people and media pitch in into the hate show. Grow up everyone!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Eminem tears into Trump

Post by gman313 »

LolaB wrote:Eminem is simply an idiot - no other name comes to my mind. Such characters just fuel the hate without using their brains. I am personally fed up with the "stars" voicing their uneducated political opinions and using their popularity to influence masses of people. The hate is spreading quickly as a bad type of illness through US and Canada which isn't helpful to anyone. Whatever president Trump would say is turned upside down into some crazy story. He isn't the best speaker, but not all of his ideas are bad or pointless but with such hate nothing good comes out of it.

It also became very popular between Canadian people to also hate Trump and if you'd dare to oppose to some of their nonsense talks or say something pro-Trump people stare you down and almost unfriend you immediately because you have your own opinion on politics. I would say to everyone - stop judging, Trump is not your president and quit complaining about everything and anything related to him. Just look into some true faux pas of Obama or any other presidents.... no one even dreamt about criticizing either of them with such force as they talk about Trump. And also check out closely your own puppet Trudeau - there are many good reasons to oppose his ideas but it's for some reason easier to criticize Trump when many famous people and media pitch in into the hate show. Grow up everyone!

bahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaah\

as you go on your own ridiculous rant - stop judging others and listen to your own advice
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

LolaB wrote:Eminem is simply an idiot - no other name comes to my mind. Such characters just fuel the hate without using their brains. I am personally fed up with the "stars" voicing their uneducated political opinions and using their popularity to influence masses of people. The hate is spreading quickly as a bad type of illness through US and Canada which isn't helpful to anyone. Whatever president Trump would say is turned upside down into some crazy story. He isn't the best speaker, but not all of his ideas are bad or pointless but with such hate nothing good comes out of it.

Should that advise have been applied to Hitler as well ?

So we should ignore anything and everything that President Trump does and says, because he is not our president ?

You are serious ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Why are so many people against the First Amendment? He's an American citizen and free to share his views as he sees fit.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Here is what the OP is ranting about.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Land of the free..... just don't question things or have differing opinions..... I guess only free up to a certain point.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I like many others are finding this thread pretty amusing.

While I'm not a big fan of the Eminem's music - I do have a lot of respect for the guy. He's smart, he's talented, and he knows how to struggle and work hard to be successful- certainly not an idiot.

For the record OP: If you actually listen to the piece, he doesn't weigh in on political issues. He's not pretending to know the answers, it's mostly him decrying Trump's behavior (insults, spreading hate, etc.).
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Didn't realize Eminem is still around.

Also, I didn't realize his political opinions count for something worth listening.

What's next, listening to Hannah Montana for her opinion on UN politics?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My son enjoys his work - he's been on a "retro" kick lately. :admin:

He says recent rap is crap, but the old stuff is decent.
I haven't failed until I quit.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think its funny how when actors have an opinion , the fact that they played a murderer in "Saw" or "Friday the 13th" or a rapist in "Law in Order" isn't thrown back in their face.
Yet when it comes to music people are quick to point out violent lyrics etc. to discredit as though it's real life, just weird.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think its funny how when actors have an opinion , the fact that they played a murderer in "Saw" or "Friday the 13th" or a rapist in "Law in Order" isn't thrown back in their face.
Yet when it comes to music people are quick to point out violent lyrics etc. to discredit as though it's real life, just weird.

"Weird" is the operative word here.

Welcome to the Weird World of Casternutters.

:130:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think its funny how when actors have an opinion , the fact that they played a murderer in "Saw" or "Friday the 13th" or a rapist in "Law in Order" isn't thrown back in their face.

Every single one of us has opinions on a variety of topics. You just posted yours. Why does working in the entertainment industry suddenly mean you can't have an opinion on issues that concern you? They're still people and citizens aren't they? Seems to me it would be better to say you disagree with their opinion than to say they shouldn't have one.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

JLives wrote:
Every single one of us has opinions on a variety of topics. You just posted yours. Why does working in the entertainment industry suddenly mean you can't have an opinion on issues that concern you? They're still people and citizens aren't they? Seems to me it would be better to say you disagree with their opinion than to say they shouldn't have one.

Clearly you missed the point I was making

What I was trying to say is that people judge actors realizing they are playing roles, musicians are judged far more harshly as though the sex and violence in songs or rap is a part of their lives-and that's used against them to discredit any opinion they may have.
Personally I think their opinion should be heard as anyone else.
I never implied in my post that people had no right to voice opinion, just the weird standard people hold musicians to vs the rest of the entertainment industry.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Reminds me of when Bush was in office. Years of hatred and anger leveled at Bill Clinton then once a Republican is president such talk is unpatriotic. Then 8 years of everything from he's a Kenyan to a Muslim to a fascist anti-christ leveled at Obama then once a Republican is president such talk is divisive. I hope the American voter isnt fooled again because the last time the Republicans used this tactic the country ended up in two wars based on lies and yet still somehow managed to convince the American voter that it was those who spoke out against the wars, like the Dixie Chick's, were the ones who were being unpatriotic.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Entertainers should entertain and if they want to vent their political thoughts that's OK but they should not spout off during a performance. That's not what the fans paid for.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”