50234
49893

Star Wars-The Last Jedi

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Queen K » Dec 15th, 2017, 11:25 pm

It was the " :biggrin: " that was the dead giveaway.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

Dizzy1 likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 50025
Likes: 10035 posts
Liked in: 10740 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Glacier » Dec 16th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Okay, so I saw the movie tonight. The review I posted earlier was the worst movie review in the history of the galaxy.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25925
Likes: 2442 posts
Liked in: 8085 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby fluffy » Dec 17th, 2017, 11:34 am

A galaxy far, far away?

I took it in yesterday as well and enjoyed it a lot. "The Force Awakens" left me a little disappointed, they took some pretty extravagant plot leaps and overall I felt that they were targeting a pretty young audience, pre or early teen. The writing was superficial and cliched. "The Last Jedi" has restored my faith in their powers.

(SPOILER ALERT) We went to a matinee that had more than a few younger viewers. The light sabre through the eye scene went over big with them.
It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

Lady tehMa likes this post.
User avatar
fluffy
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18863
Likes: 202 posts
Liked in: 3473 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2006, 4:42 pm
Location: Ogo

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby techrtr » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:30 am

I've thought that all of the Star Wars movies except for the first trilogy and Rogue One sucked. Return of the Jedi was pretty iffy with the Ewoks though. That was the start of the babyfication of Star Wars. Hated every one of the subsequent movies so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. I did think that Rogue One was excellent.

I've also hated pretty much every one of the new breed of Trek movies too. As soon as the original cast was replaced by the Next Generation crew, the franchise went downhill fast. The newest ones are so ridiculous it's painful to watch them.

Lady tehMa likes this post.
techrtr
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 829
Likes: 64 posts
Liked in: 719 posts
Joined: Jul 5th, 2005, 6:47 am

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby TylerM4 » Dec 18th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Watched it with the family over the weekend. I think it's my new favorite! Definitely movie of the year for me.

Lady tehMa likes this post.
TylerM4
Übergod
 
Posts: 1155
Likes: 277 posts
Liked in: 865 posts
Joined: Feb 27th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 18th, 2017, 9:10 pm

techrtr wrote:I've thought that all of the Star Wars movies except for the first trilogy and Rogue One sucked. Return of the Jedi was pretty iffy with the Ewoks though. That was the start of the babyfication of Star Wars. Hated every one of the subsequent movies so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. I did think that Rogue One was excellent.

I've also hated pretty much every one of the new breed of Trek movies too. As soon as the original cast was replaced by the Next Generation crew, the franchise went downhill fast. The newest ones are so ridiculous it's painful to watch them.

Image
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Veovis likes this post.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10453
Likes: 4249 posts
Liked in: 4834 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby GordonH » Dec 20th, 2017, 12:31 pm

It appears some fans are not happy with Disney latest Star Wars movie...... be careful don't f :cuss: with the Mouse. lol
https://globalnews.ca/news/3924696/star ... last-jedi/
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18724
Likes: 1920 posts
Liked in: 6127 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Glacier » Dec 20th, 2017, 2:39 pm

User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25925
Likes: 2442 posts
Liked in: 8085 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 26th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Finally got to see it.

I thought it was good, a few cheesy moments but all in all quite enjoyable. I like it much better than "The Force Awakens" - but then again, I thought that "The Attack of the Clones" was the best one out of the prequel trilogy :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10453
Likes: 4249 posts
Liked in: 4834 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Hassel99 » Dec 27th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Dizzy1 wrote:Finally got to see it.

I thought it was good, a few cheesy moments but all in all quite enjoyable. I like it much better than "The Force Awakens" - but then again, I thought that "The Attack of the Clones" was the best one out of the prequel trilogy :biggrin:




What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel? All the questions created in EP7 simply not explained and made to not even mater? How about the discovery of a super weapon that can take out TNO’s super ship in 2 seconds that is installed on every Star Wars ship (minus tie fighters) but no one ever used it because of “reasons?” How about super Leia using the force and saving herself only why letting the entire resistance leadership die?

I was so disappointed
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3187
Likes: 896 posts
Liked in: 2601 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 8:31 am

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 28th, 2017, 2:01 am

Hassel99 wrote:


What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel? All the questions created in EP7 simply not explained and made to not even mater? How about the discovery of a super weapon that can take out TNO’s super ship in 2 seconds that is installed on every Star Wars ship (minus tie fighters) but no one ever used it because of “reasons?” How about super Leia using the force and saving herself only why letting the entire resistance leadership die?

I was so disappointed

My favourite part was when the lights went out and the big "Star Wars" came on the big screen - 'nuff said :biggrin:

Seriously though, this is franchise that is pretty much based on some kid who's never flown a space ship yet manage's to blow up a super weapon like none other thats the size of a small moon by turning off all guidance systems and using a super power he never new existed until some old fart he never met before told him he had it - I think some people expect too much from Star Wars :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10453
Likes: 4249 posts
Liked in: 4834 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 29th, 2017, 12:41 am

Hassel99 wrote:What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel?


There's a very vicious lightsaber "fight" (I guess not duel but whatever) that was pretty satisfying to me at least.

I understand why some people are disappointed but I really liked that the move didn't follow a standard blueprint.

Dizzy1 likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling
 
Posts: 332
Likes: 109 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Previous

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests