Star Wars-The Last Jedi

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Star Wars-The Last Jedi

Post by Queen K »

It was the " :biggrin: " that was the dead giveaway.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Okay, so I saw the movie tonight. The review I posted earlier was the worst movie review in the history of the galaxy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

A galaxy far, far away?

I took it in yesterday as well and enjoyed it a lot. "The Force Awakens" left me a little disappointed, they took some pretty extravagant plot leaps and overall I felt that they were targeting a pretty young audience, pre or early teen. The writing was superficial and cliched. "The Last Jedi" has restored my faith in their powers.

(SPOILER ALERT) We went to a matinee that had more than a few younger viewers. The light sabre through the eye scene went over big with them.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I've thought that all of the Star Wars movies except for the first trilogy and Rogue One sucked. Return of the Jedi was pretty iffy with the Ewoks though. That was the start of the babyfication of Star Wars. Hated every one of the subsequent movies so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. I did think that Rogue One was excellent.

I've also hated pretty much every one of the new breed of Trek movies too. As soon as the original cast was replaced by the Next Generation crew, the franchise went downhill fast. The newest ones are so ridiculous it's painful to watch them.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Watched it with the family over the weekend. I think it's my new favorite! Definitely movie of the year for me.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

techrtr wrote:I've thought that all of the Star Wars movies except for the first trilogy and Rogue One sucked. Return of the Jedi was pretty iffy with the Ewoks though. That was the start of the babyfication of Star Wars. Hated every one of the subsequent movies so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. I did think that Rogue One was excellent.

I've also hated pretty much every one of the new breed of Trek movies too. As soon as the original cast was replaced by the Next Generation crew, the franchise went downhill fast. The newest ones are so ridiculous it's painful to watch them.

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It appears some fans are not happy with Disney latest Star Wars movie...... be careful don't f :cuss: with the Mouse. lol
https://globalnews.ca/news/3924696/star ... last-jedi/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Finally got to see it.

I thought it was good, a few cheesy moments but all in all quite enjoyable. I like it much better than "The Force Awakens" - but then again, I thought that "The Attack of the Clones" was the best one out of the prequel trilogy :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Finally got to see it.

I thought it was good, a few cheesy moments but all in all quite enjoyable. I like it much better than "The Force Awakens" - but then again, I thought that "The Attack of the Clones" was the best one out of the prequel trilogy :biggrin:

What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel? All the questions created in EP7 simply not explained and made to not even mater? How about the discovery of a super weapon that can take out TNO’s super ship in 2 seconds that is installed on every Star Wars ship (minus tie fighters) but no one ever used it because of “reasons?” How about super Leia using the force and saving herself only why letting the entire resistance leadership die?

I was so disappointed
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hassel99 wrote:

What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel? All the questions created in EP7 simply not explained and made to not even mater? How about the discovery of a super weapon that can take out TNO’s super ship in 2 seconds that is installed on every Star Wars ship (minus tie fighters) but no one ever used it because of “reasons?” How about super Leia using the force and saving herself only why letting the entire resistance leadership die?

I was so disappointed

My favourite part was when the lights went out and the big "Star Wars" came on the big screen - 'nuff said :biggrin:

Seriously though, this is franchise that is pretty much based on some kid who's never flown a space ship yet manage's to blow up a super weapon like none other thats the size of a small moon by turning off all guidance systems and using a super power he never new existed until some old fart he never met before told him he had it - I think some people expect too much from Star Wars :biggrin:
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Hassel99 wrote:What was your favorite part? The lack of a single lightsaber duel?

There's a very vicious lightsaber "fight" (I guess not duel but whatever) that was pretty satisfying to me at least.

I understand why some people are disappointed but I really liked that the move didn't follow a standard blueprint.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

oldtrucker wrote:'oldtrucker' nerds out.
-Any jedi from the prequels could have wasted the entire room that the lightsabre fight took place in(all the bad guys wearing red), including the 2 main characters in that fight. Yoda, Luke, or Anikin, or Obi, Darth Maul could take out Kylo Ren or Rey in about 2 seconds.
- Why didn't the rebellion figure out long ago to take a X-wing or small craft like that, and hyperdrive into star destroyers to obliterate them? E=MC squared.
It's out of character for Yoda to burn things like that.
Force or not, being unprotected and exposed to a complete vacuum like that and for that long...that didn't hurt as much to watch- like the flying part did.
When was "A Long Time Ago, In ...Umm never mind, nerd session over.
Franchise has lost the edge...disappointed in both episodes- 7 and 8. Movies are probably fine...I just expected too much.
I like the idea of a 'R' rated episode directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Hell Ya! :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oldtrucker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7B6khltD8M
New star wars episode 9 trailer.
How much would you pay to have a time machine to go stop Disney from taking over the franchise BEFORE they had a chance to hack something so sacred?
What is the thing in the ocean in the last scene of the trailer ? Looks like blown up and wrecked part of the first D Star.
Should have a poll as to what was the best out of all 9 movies. Even though no one has seen episode 9...I'll still put a bet that episode 5 Empire would win.

George Lucas wanted to retire.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Disney or not, its Star Wars, so:

oldtrucker wrote:Should have a poll as to what was the best out of all 9 movies. Even though no one has seen episode 9...I'll still put a bet that episode 5 Empire would win.

While Episode V was probably the best of the franchise, I'll always be partial to Episode IV. Remember seeing "Empire" at the old drive in in Vernon. Good times, good times :up:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”