The Curse of Oak Island

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

The Curse of Oak Island

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 5th, 2018, 1:43 pm

I think this is a awesome Canadian story that has worldwide connections.
And... it's not a conspiracy or anything like that as the artifacts these guys are finding proves. Human bone, old school metalwork and the structures underground to list a few discoveries.
I think that if an access point is found...we wont have to wait until the next episode as it would make international news first.
I'm addicted to the story.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 674 posts

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Postby YellowBird » Mar 5th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I agree this is a fascinating story that I am so excited to see if they find hidden treasures and if they do it will undoubtedly prove a lot of inaccurate facts we know in history.
Last night an unbelievable find of a broach and what appears as a Ruby or gemstone. Who did it belong to? Royalty.?
Not forgetting the find of a lead Cross.
It has been suggested what appears as "Lead" is a cover for gold. I ask why haven't they tried to see what is underneath the lead? Who else would like to know?
YellowBird

Liked in: 0 post

Postby GordonH » Mar 5th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Producer of the show is milking it for every penny, 5 seasons & counting.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7764 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 5th, 2018, 2:21 pm

I also wonder if the 'metal detection expert' has placed things there in the past to stay employed if you get what I mean. Just a hunch...I have no proof and I hope that hunch is wrong.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 674 posts

Postby Poindexter » Mar 5th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Try not to be too critical when watching this show, enjoy it too much to ruin it that way. Think it's pretty cool that two brothers with some cash are self funding this treasure hunt on Canadian soil. Cheering for them to strike it rich in the money pit, but hoping they don't have to pay with one more person to fulfill the curse. Muahaha. :200:

:130: :digging:
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4530 posts

Postby generalposter » Mar 5th, 2018, 9:54 pm

There is a popular podcast called "Stuff You Should Know" or "SYSK". They recently aired an episode detailing this mystery. A strange story it is for sure.
Someone has to say it.
generalposter
Board Meister

Liked in: 498 posts

Postby Catsumi » Mar 5th, 2018, 10:23 pm

There is also an excellent book covering this story, "The Moneypit of Oak Island" by D. O'Connor, involving a pirate (Blackbeard?) who supposedly buried treasure there. Many years and many dollars spent trying to get at the big payoff.

It has been years since I read it so hope it is still in print. I too wish to live long enough to find out what gives. :biggrin:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2847 posts

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts