Beer Gardens and Craft Beer (Swill)

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Justa Krittic

Beer Gardens and Craft Beer (Swill)

Post by Justa Krittic »

Last Year we went to the Penticton Rib Fest and we had to leave because some person or persons decided to serve only Craft Beer. Because of that we never tried any of the Ribs. This year we will try again. If there is only Craft Beer once again we will leave and go to The Copper Mug for Rib's and Real Beer.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Beer Gardens and Craft Beer (Swill)

Post by OKkayak »

mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

joking right.jpg
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Didn't we agree in the other thread that it is Kraft beer (TM)?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

OP, what is "real beer"?
You and 71 others Like this post
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

A nice cold Michelobe Ultra.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So which brewery would OP prefer to be served.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

in all fairness just about every kraft beer I try is garbage, I will stick with the high octane instead
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

This is a joke right? Ribs can't be consumed without stale mass produced beer to go with them?

Yes, many craft beers are "funky" and I also tend to stick to more traditional beers, but there are PLENTY of craft beers with a more traditional flavor.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

TylerM4 wrote:This is a joke right? Ribs can't be consumed without stale mass produced beer to go with them?

Yes, many craft beers are "funky" and I also tend to stick to more traditional beers, but there are PLENTY of craft beers with a more traditional flavor.

I agree with most of your post except;
stale mass produced beer
If you have stale beer, you are not drinking fast enough.

I also tend to stick to more traditional beers
I can agree with you on this. I too am a quantity consumer rather than a quality one. To me all those craft beers taste just like one of mine if I left it out in the sun too long, usually 10 minutes.

there are PLENTY of craft beers with a more traditional flavor
Let's face it, why would I pay those huge prices for a craft beer that tastes like what I normally drink, at 30% of the price.
That is just silly.
If paying more for your beer gives you some satisfaction, you are welcome to come to my house and pay more for some of my Budweiser, if you really want to feel good, you can pay extra for me to put it in a glass for you. A clean glass is my premium stock.

Ribs will be offered and reservations are required. Call for serving times.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Justa Krittic

Post by Justa Krittic »

TylerM4 wrote:This is a joke right? Ribs can't be consumed without stale mass produced beer to go with them?

The Point I was trying to get Across was ..If you want a successful event and a major draw like a Beer Garden one should cater to both .Let those who like "Kraft Beer" and those who like Mass produced Beer have a choice.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Justa Krittic wrote:The Point I was trying to get Across was ..If you want a successful event and a major draw like a Beer Garden one should cater to both .Let those who like "Kraft Beer" and those who like Mass produced Beer have a choice.

What evidence do you have to offer that the choice of beer is what can make or break this event?

Justa Krittic wrote:Last Year we went to the Penticton Rib Fest and we had to leave

No, you chose to leave, which is your right. If you felt that you had to leave because of the beverage choices, well that's just down right silly.

It's a rib festival, not a beer festival.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

alanjh595 wrote:Let's face it, why would I pay those huge prices for a craft beer that tastes like what I normally drink, at 30% of the price.
That is just silly.
If paying more for your beer gives you some satisfaction, you are welcome to come to my house and pay more for some of my Budweiser, if you really want to feel good, you can pay extra for me to put it in a glass for you. A clean glass is my premium stock.

This is a silly thread , but serious question- how is Bud 30% of the price as local beer? At the liquor store, Bud/Kokanee/Coors, etc are around $20-24 for a 12 pack, and most of the microbrews are within a buck or two of that, unless you’re buying bombers.
DarkMagna

Post by DarkMagna »

OKkayak wrote:
Justa Krittic wrote:The Point I was trying to get Across was ..If you want a successful event and a major draw like a Beer Garden one should cater to both .Let those who like "Kraft Beer" and those who like Mass produced Beer have a choice.

What evidence do you have to offer that the choice of beer is what can make or break this event?

Justa Krittic wrote:Last Year we went to the Penticton Rib Fest and we had to leave

No, you chose to leave, which is your right. If you felt that you had to leave because of the beverage choices, well that's just down right silly.

It's a rib festival, not a beer festival.

Pretty nit-picky.
I don't see anywhere in which he said it would "....make or break this event".

And his choice of wording to be 'had to leave' as opposed to 'chose to leave' is also nit-picky. Did you not grasp the general concept behind what he was saying?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Gilchy wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Let's face it, why would I pay those huge prices for a craft beer that tastes like what I normally drink, at 30% of the price.
That is just silly.

This is a silly thread , but serious question- how is Bud 30% of the price as local beer? At the liquor store, Bud/Kokanee/Coors, etc are around $20-24 for a 12 pack, and most of the microbrews are within a buck or two of that, unless you’re buying bombers.

$33 for a 24 of Bud. the only thing cheaper is Milwaukee. I can certainly do a price check and comparison the next time I go to the store. On the other hand, how about you providing the evidence that supports your claim?
Why would I be inclined to pay, even a buck or two more for something that is the same?
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”