Martin Mars Water Bombers

The hot spot for fire-related discussions.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Re: Martin Mars WaterBombers

Post by westsidebud »

Graham Adder wrote:Hindsight is always 20/20 when dealing with fire. There were no mistakes made during the 2003 fire fight...Those in charge as well as those under them did everything according to what they felt was right at the time...that is what we pay them to do...they did what we pay them to do. Hindsight will of course tell us where the choices can be changed next time, should we ever have to deal with that fire scenario again.

As for attacking Trapp on what he says...he never said send the bombers home or that they would not help...he did in fact state HOW they help and also pointed out the fact that it is not the water buckets that put out the fire...showing you that the bombers are not the savior in the end...they help set up the stage, but it's the other resources that really fight the fire to the death...surely to fricken GAWD you can understand that...no?

I have yet to see anyone doubt the pilots of the mars...show me those lines...what I do see is posts regarding the safety factor of using them on this terrain in particular...under the set of circumstances they are faced with now...once again...surely...to GAWD...you can.....

awwwwwww forget it...ya just can't let your guard down long enough to peek over the railing can ya? :137:

1- its being implied that oh they cant fly that low lol

2-personaly i dnt care what the mars bomber is doing or not doing at this moment but no one that asked about them ment that they would put any fire out by them selves .ppl are just wondering ware they are or i should say the one because the other being repaired till 2010.

3 i just went and bought a chop saw from a guy and his wife who lived in a house that burnt down and they both said thay wre flat out lied to until it was to late.which i have herd other ppl that lost there homes say.its not the firefighters because they risking their lives.its the forestry bigwigs who sit in a office alll day .one year 10 my friends died in one year because foresrty in all thier wisdom let companies lower there operating procedures and wham 10 good men gone to heaven.
4 im sure trapp knows im not attacking him because thats not my nature im just being sarcastic and debate is how ppl learn stuff.
5- do you realy want me to read alll your posts and see if you and others have not done the same?.i rember a cybergal getting attacked by a few select indaviduals
GO CANUCKS GO
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

grammafreddy wrote:Are you convinced yet???

Uhhhhhhh...
no
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Graham Adder wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Once again - this poster is right on.

:rate10:

Once again?
You mean this happened once before?
Man...I always miss the good stuff. :129:

ETA: 'Bud, I am totally...I mean TOTALLY impressed that you can look up charts online. How is it they are pertinent right now though? :137:

its info on what the diffrent tankers can hold .mabey other ppl are intrested on what typa aircraft are out there and what they can hold for water.retardent.gel
GO CANUCKS GO
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

You are correct. There may be others interested in those stats. I'm sure they appreciate the charts.
My mistake as I thought you and I were engaging in a bit of back n forth...I didn't realize your ADHT kicked in. Carry on...Look! A butterfly! :spinball: :bouncingoffwalls:
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Graham Adder wrote:You are correct. There may be others interested in those stats. I'm sure they appreciate the charts.
My mistake as I thought you and I were engaging in a bit of back n forth...I didn't realize your ADHT kicked in. Carry on...Look! A butterfly! :spinball: :bouncingoffwalls:

um yea ok if it makes your jewels seem bigger throw all the insults you want .must be sad to have to think your tough over the internet
GO CANUCKS GO
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

westsidebud wrote:um yea ok if it makes your jewels seem bigger throw all the insults you want .must be sad to have to think your tough over the internet

awwwwwwwww... :sosorry:

I shouldn't have picked on your...well...I shouldn't have mentioned the...well...let's just say that I'll try to slow down and be more patient if that will help.

I just don't see the argument going on this long when so much has been said regarding the Mars bombers and why they aren't here. I honestly believe you're playing a kind of Devil's advocate thing with this, and that you're intent is more to keep this subject a bit charged rather than admit defeat and allow it to fizzle. I'm onto you 'budmannnnnnnnn... :nutzoid:
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Graham Adder wrote:
westsidebud wrote:um yea ok if it makes your jewels seem bigger throw all the insults you want .must be sad to have to think your tough over the internet

awwwwwwwww... :sosorry:

I shouldn't have picked on your...well...I shouldn't have mentioned the...well...let's just say that I'll try to slow down and be more patient if that will help.

I just don't see the argument going on this long when so much has been said regarding the Mars bombers and why they aren't here. I honestly believe you're playing a kind of Devil's advocate thing with this, and that you're intent is more to keep this subject a bit charged rather than admit defeat and allow it to fizzle. I'm onto you 'budmannnnnnnnn... :nutzoid:

im not saying i want the mars plane here.i know where it is and why its there.lol.
i just dont see the harm in others asking about it. :coffeecanuck:
GO CANUCKS GO
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

you're playing DA...I'm onto youuuuuuuuuuuu... :fried:
canuck600
Fledgling

Re: Martin Mars Water Bombers

Post by canuck600 »

As far as 2003 I've talked to people in structural fire departments & nobody had anything good to say about the fire chief in Kelowna, he didn't follow protocals that were put in place after the 98 fires in Salmon Arm & he put his people into dangerous positions.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

canuck600 wrote:As far as 2003 I've talked to people in structural fire departments & nobody had anything good to say about the fire chief in Kelowna, he didn't follow protocals that were put in place after the 98 fires in Salmon Arm & he put his people into dangerous positions.

well lotta ppl in the communty say that it seems when it first started it was almost like ahhh it will never get close to anything mabey we let it burn for awhile.then ohoh um i think we need to put this out .i have no idea if that true or not as i never lived in the burned out spot in 2003 .but that what im hearing when ppl talk about it
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Graham Adder wrote:you're playing DA...I'm onto youuuuuuuuuuuu... :fried:

well no.i just dont understand why certain ppl are dead against the plane, as 1 is being overhauled.

im sure coulson are making a good buck down in cali and prolly enjoying the time down there and getting paid.the only water bomber i supppose the firefighters want now are big rain clouds
GO CANUCKS GO
jenandsean

Post by jenandsean »

If your not convinced that airplanes are not going to put out these fires look at what has happened in Califoria in recent years. They have lost thousands of structures from wildfire in the past 2 years. They have the Mars, the DC-10, C-130's, P-3's, countless other fixed wing bombers and a fleet of state owned top of the line helicopters to fight fires. Once the fire is lit, your screwed.
BC has dropped thousands of gallons of retardant, water, fire foam, and fire gel on the Terrace Mtn fire and it is still spreading. The hard work is just slowing it down until the weather changes.
canuck600
Fledgling

Post by canuck600 »

canuck600
Fledgling

Post by canuck600 »

ihorner

Post by ihorner »

Does anyone else get tired of armchair critics sitting around telling the firefighters how they should have done it. If you haven stood at the end of a hose line, haven't dug hand guard for 12 hours in 35 C temps, haven't been responsible for the lives of 60 men and women under your supervision, haven't had to stand on a street and feel the heartache of watching someone's home burn, dispite your best efforts, if you haven't experienced any of these, you really should keep your opinions to yourself.

It's time for the uninformed to quit whining about 2003, and any other years. Hundreds gave everything they had to save as much as they could. Believe this, we put everything we have into the fight, and every house that burns is a personal loss to everyone involved. Try it first before you sit and repeat things you hear from people who have opinions about things they know nothing about.

To those who's homes we saved, then and this year, we aren't looking for thank you's. We do it because we love it. To those who know we didn't really try, that we did it wrong, that we don't care..........sit down with one of us and find out what really goes on.

Return to “2011 Fire Watch”