Kelowna Fire Scanner Online

The hot spot for fire-related discussions.
newsboy1

Re: To hear Kelowna Fire Scanner Online

Post by newsboy1 »

Has anyone heard about a fire in Shannon Lake?
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

Heard about it earlier but it was my understanding they got on it right away and its out!
diamondlady4812

Post by diamondlady4812 »

newsboy1 wrote:Has anyone heard about a fire in Shannon Lake?

My understanding is that it is out.
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it ~ Rumi
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

diamondlady4812 wrote:
newsboy1 wrote:Has anyone heard about a fire in Shannon Lake?

My understanding is that it is out.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#48668
Lack of objection is implied consent.
katykat
Board Meister

Post by katykat »

Nebula just posted this on another thread. Please read it and remind others.
For Immediate Release
Ministry of Forests and Range
Kamloops Forest Centre

ATTENTION: ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

KAMLOOPS – As you can appreciate, BC Forest Service Fire Information personnel are working at full capacity around the province to provide timely and accurate information to our media partners for distribution to our residents.

It is becoming apparent that many of the general public and some media are using frequency scanners to acquire information that is transmitted on restricted frequencies used by our fire crews and response personnel. We are finding that an extraordinary amount of our time is being spent responding to requests for information about small, inconsequential wildfires to which our crews are responding.

The volume of calls generated by these small fires requires fire information personnel to spend an inordinate amount of time responding to requests for information about fires that are not and will not, in most cases, become fires of note.

We are asking for your assistance in minimizing the impact of these unnecessary calls to our offices. Any calls that we are able to prevent affords us that time to respond to your requests for fire information on those fires that are higher profile and, perhaps, more worthy of taking up your time and ours.

Thank you for your assistance and cooperation on this issue.
AND LIFE GOES ON ...
dwC

Post by dwC »

Yeah thats NOT cool... The more bad press that floats around like this the more likely these departments will go DIGITAL. Get a brain people.
radiotech90

Post by radiotech90 »

Oops. Last night I had to reboot the scanner server and I didn't notice it started back up as a mono feed rather than a stereo one... that's why everyone was hearing both forestry and KFD mixed together and why they got kicked off and had to re-connect. Fixed now. I just changed this back to stereo so if your feed is gone just re-connect again.

Cheers
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

dwC wrote:Yeah thats NOT cool... The more bad press that floats around like this the more likely these departments will go DIGITAL. Get a brain people.

how is that bad press.sounds more like bcforestry needs to hire sum phone answering people
GO CANUCKS GO
sleepy

Post by sleepy »

Were Talking the BC government. count your blessings there not fighting and answering there phones from a command center in India or China or like Telus's call center in the Philippines . :eyeballspin:
HarveyB

Re: Kelowna Fire Scanner Online

Post by HarveyB »

http://www.scanbc.com now has a Shuswap scanner online.

http://www.scanbc.com then click on link Shuswap live Scanner

IF YOU NOTICE THE FEED GOES DEAD STANDBY THERE ADJUSTING THE FEED RATE DON'T PANIC .

please read this before going to the online scanner There is a command structure in a emergency like this . The info that you hear goes from the fire line to the EOC where they make the decision to give people the order for closings roads or a Evacuation order, by TV,Radio , or a first responder knocking on your door or phoning . The Scanner is just to give people a little more info and to hear how hard are Emergency services are working . the information that is heard is accurate its coming from the horses mouth . But the Coms are meant for who they are talking to . The general public might take it the wrong way since there not in the business of fighting fires. Plus the scanner is scanning many channels at one time , so it can get confusing for most people .
www.scanbc.com
HarveyB

Post by HarveyB »

Action is picking up with the new fire near the Bear Creek camp site. Listen to the scanner at www.scanbc.com
www.scanbc.com
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Is it just me or does it take forever for the Kelowna Scanner to finish buffering? It takes about 10-15 min before it finally finishes.
Life is too sho......
HarveyB

Post by HarveyB »

I will look into it
www.scanbc.com
HarveyB

Post by HarveyB »

Try refreshing it. it seem to be working fine for other people. 41+ people now
www.scanbc.com
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

I got it working now. I just thought it might have been the stream since it happens on my laptop and home comp. But if other people don't have problems maybe is just my Internet connection.
Life is too sho......

Return to “2011 Fire Watch”