Where's the SMOKE coming from?

The hot spot for fire-related discussions.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Where's the SMOKE coming from?

Post by Air Wrench »

Myself and pilot heading up your way tomorrow to double crew a helicopter, Fixer. Hell of a fire, looking forward to getting in on the action. :discodance:
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Thats great AR, thanks for the help. I also met a bunch from the Koots heading up the other day on the hwy, we even have help from mexico. Awesome these people helping out in areas that are so far out of their way. A big thank you to them.

I have moved my updates to the grab bag section, a thread called Eh. I kinda felt bad for stealing this BC Smoke thread, plus all the cool kids hang out in grab bag.

Cheers
Fixer
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Friday, 17 June 2011 09:26
The Cariboo Fire Centre states this morning that there have been numerous calls about the smoke in the air—from the Williams Lake area and from as far away as Quesnel. There are no fires reported in the Williams Lake area at this time. It is believed that the smoke is coming from fires in Alberta, and that even though the fires are under control, they will likely burn throughout the summer.

It is reported this morning that a resilient wildfire near Ft. McMurray, labeled the biggest wildfire Alberta firefighters have ever faced, has reached nearly 600,000 hectares. The fire is approximately 60 km north of Ft. McMurray and started burning on May 15, when four days of winds up to 100 km blew the flames north. The ‘Richardson back country fire’ is now similar to the size of Prince Edward Island, having burned 595,000 hectares. There are currently 550 firefighters on the fire, including firefighters from BC, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Mexico.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “2011 Fire Watch”