Opening ceremonies start?

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Opening ceremonies start?

Post by Ironhorse1 »

I've been hearing conflicting times of when the ceremonies are supposed to start tonight. Is it at 6pm or 4pm? I would imagine one of CBC or CTV will be broadcasting it?
Al Czervic
Guru

Re: Opening ceremonies start?

Post by Al Czervic »

Ironhorse1 wrote:I've been hearing conflicting times of when the ceremonies are supposed to start tonight. Is it at 6pm or 4pm? I would imagine one of CBC or CTV will be broadcasting it?

CTV is the official network so they will be covering it. You can follow the live torch relay coverage online directly into the opening ceremonies.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/torch/follow-torch/index.html
Back with a vengeance
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

It is my understanding that the actual opening ceremony begins at 6 p.m., but the pre-game show, if you will, begins at 4 p.m. I am looking for confirmation of that.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

I believe it is at 6pm, but people have been telling me 4pm as well...

Going onto CTV or CBC websites and trying to get an exact time is something akin to pulling teeth, the free paper we get hasn't given a time either.

The "Omega official timekeeper" is at 6 hours 50 minutes and it is 11:10am right now which would put the Opening ceremonies at 6pm
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Yeah, it's 6 p.m. I should have looked at the clock first. CTV has it in the upper right corner of the TV screen: Opening Ceremony Countdown, 6:45... puts it at 6 p.m.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Post by Ironhorse1 »

Thanks everyone. I too had a hard time getting the time off of the CBC and CTV websites. Even in their schedules, it's not that clear.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”