Congratulations Shane! Opening Ceremony Poet

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Congratulations Shane! Opening Ceremony Poet

Post by normaM »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Inate8 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Tandr wrote:
Cateyes wrote:All I know is the dude needs to lose that ridiculous neckstash. Someone needs to tell him it doesn't do anything to hid the triple chin.

You have a good point, Cateyes. I will let him know. Maybe shaving will even get him a chance at stardom. Maybe (if he's lucky) shaving will get him a chance at performing at the opening ceremonies of the olympics! think of the possibilities.

Then he would not have fit in with the freak show element they were going for. When you have goth tattoo'd tapdancing violinist then a neckstash doesn't seem to bad. I must of missed the Heroin addict from E Hastings with a needle still stuck in their arm part of the show.

What is with your attitude Cat?
Honestly, the games went on due to a majority vote. YES, it's a giant failure on every front so far. Everyone sees that, and I'm personally glad it is happening, but in a case like this where someone has worked hard and gets a little recognition, let people enjoy the games. They are here and here to stay, mistakes, screw ups etc. all here to stay. The best we can do is make the most of it, and hope that the mistakes get enough publicity to never ever have them here again.

I'm one of the ones that is going to have to pay for it so I sure as he!! have a right to *bleep* about it. Suck on that! :9923:

You defenders have no clue what sort of effect this financial disaster is going to have on each and every one of you. Almost none of this has been paid for yet and where do you think that money is coming from?

My goodness the way you've been going on and on and on for a moment there I thought you were paying for it all by yourself.

Whatever right you think you have I'd venture that by now you've used up your *bleep* quota as well as that of a small country.

this is better than watching the Olympics on CTV . I'm giving Cat eyes a Gold
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Tandr
Board Meister

Post by Tandr »

give cat eyes a gold plated toilet to catch all the *bleep* falling out its mouth. last time i heard that level of whining, i had to tell a four year old to go stand in a corner.

if you believe the Olympics fail to bring in revenue after they are done, do a study on it. I did. Guess what? Olympic cities that marketed to conferences and individuals, rather than major events and sports tourism, ended up with great venues and they looked irresistible to visit. Salt Lake City and Sydney also made a profit soon after.

keep spreading you anti-Olympic bias with unreliable data, and you end up looking foolish.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Woop Woop Shane was still awsome. He is an OUBC alumni and performs there annually. I highly recommend the show.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Shane Koyczan-a Penticton local

Post by Fancy »

Static wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AHJN558jTg

Great job Shane.

Not the right link.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Is this the guy we were trying to figure out who he was - actor/musician/political figure? Was I surprised. He had presence and I remember some of his words. Did a great job and then I found out who he was. Good on him for being remembered.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

For those that are interested, Shane will be on NBC's Today show tomorrow morning with Dan Mangan. Apparently around 9:45am-ish.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Tandr
Board Meister

Post by Tandr »

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”