Olympic Closing Ceremonies

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Olympic Closing Ceremonies

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:
Carmencat wrote:While I enjoyed the closing ceremonies, I would have preferred if they had some performers for those over, say, 25.

I'm 53 and it just couldn't get any more iconic than Neil Young. As an old rock and roller I also find myself enjoying a lot of new music and thought Nickleback absolutely rocked. Just me though.

The part I liked was Gordo whacking the Harper's with his flag. :dyinglaughing:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

whatisupcastanet wrote: The part I liked was Gordo whacking the Harper's with his flag. :dyinglaughing:

Ya gotta laugh, right ? It's just too embarrassing otherwise. :roll:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I don't know, I waved a flag plenty so did millions of other people.

Am I supposed to be embarrassed now? Bad, bad me.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Captain Awesome wrote:I don't know, I waved a flag plenty so did millions of other people.

Am I supposed to be embarrassed now? Bad, bad me.

Waving a flag is Okay......... just try not to hit the person next to you in the face over & over.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:I don't know, I waved a flag plenty so did millions of other people. Am I supposed to be embarrassed now? Bad, bad me.

Did you look like you were ready to slober and fall over them ?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

whatisupcastanet wrote:Waving a flag is Okay......... just try not to hit the person next to you in the face over & over.

Some people would be happy for an opportunity to whack Mr. Harper in the face. Over and over.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Captain Awesome wrote:
whatisupcastanet wrote:Waving a flag is Okay......... just try not to hit the person next to you in the face over & over.

Some people would be happy for an opportunity to whack Mr. Harper in the face. Over and over.

Very True, I could think of many. Cream pie also works.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

The closing ceremonies were alright , having said that i see they failed to address the lack of French from the opening ceremonies.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Point given.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

steven lloyd wrote:
Carmencat wrote:While I enjoyed the closing ceremonies, I would have preferred if they had some performers for those over, say, 25.

I'm 53 and it just couldn't get any more iconic than Neil Young. As an old rock and roller I also find myself enjoying a lot of new music and thought Nickleback absolutely rocked. Just me though.

Neil Young was not bad. That was the only musical part I liked.

Still not nearly as good as KD Lang. I actually met her once in Alberta near where she grew up. Long story short, she pulled up in an old baby blue 1950's ish cadillac and the whole back seat was full of cats. Must have been about 10 cats crawling around inside that car. She hopped out wearing this country bumpkin outfit that made her look like she just finished plowing the fields. If you didn't recognize her as KD Lang you would swear she was some farmer dude. The hair, the attitude, the body language. Mostly I remember it because of that car with all the cats in the back. It was wierd.
Find something to give a damn about!

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”