Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by steven lloyd »

Carmencat wrote: As long as there is Ribbon gymnastics in the summer Olympics, I can't think of any sport that should be excluded while it is still around. :127:

:dyinglaughing: let's just be thankful Gordo didn't have one of those ribbon thingys to play with at the opening and closing ceremonies (answering my question could he embarrass us even more?).
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Carmencat wrote:All this talk of ice dancing has brought back memories of Torval and Dean in the 1984 Olympics ice dancing to Bolero. I get goosebumps just thinking about that performance! Amazing.

I love the bump that curling has gotten since the Olympics. Well deserved.

As long as there is Ribbon gymnastics in the summer Olympics, I can't think of any sport that should be excluded while it is still around. :127:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2zbbN4OL98
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

steven lloyd wrote:
Carmencat wrote: As long as there is Ribbon gymnastics in the summer Olympics, I can't think of any sport that should be excluded while it is still around. :127:

:dyinglaughing: let's just be thankful Gordo didn't have one of those ribbon thingys to play with at the opening and closing ceremonies (answering my question could he embarrass us even more?).

Really don't see how Gordy was embarrassment. He was shown supporting the Olympians at many events proudly supporting BC. He was smiling and a great BC ambassador. Steven Harper sure didn't seem to have nearly the enthusiasm Gordon Campbell did whenever they showed him at events. Say what you will about Gordon and his politics, but I disagree with him being an embarrassment during the Olympics.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

mekathy wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

Really don't see how Gordy was embarrassment. He was shown supporting the Olympians at many events proudly supporting BC. He was smiling and a great BC ambassador. Steven Harper sure didn't seem to have nearly the enthusiasm Gordon Campbell did whenever they showed him at events. Say what you will about Gordon and his politics, but I disagree with him being an embarrassment during the Olympics.
Well in Harper's defense he probably didn't have as many martinis in him as Gordo did.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Carmencat wrote:All this talk of ice dancing has brought back memories of Torval and Dean in the 1984 Olympics ice dancing to Bolero. I get goosebumps just thinking about that performance! Amazing.

As long as there is Ribbon gymnastics in the summer Olympics, I can't think of any sport that should be excluded while it is still around. :127:

Thanks for posting the youtube video. You can see how much Torval and Dean changed the sport, and how much it has progressed in the last 26 years. Much more athletic than it once was. It is funny to see the 'old' scoring again, before the scandal in SLC that brought about the change.
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Carmencat wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:

Thanks for posting the youtube video. You can see how much Torval and Dean changed the sport, and how much it has progressed in the last 26 years. Much more athletic than it once was. It is funny to see the 'old' scoring again, before the scandal in SLC that brought about the change.

I am not an ice-dancing fan, but watching that Torvill and Dean skate, which is considered the "gold standard" - I prefer Virtue and Moir by a long shot.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”