First Aid Tent

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: FIRST AID TENT

Post by WeatherWoman »

Roadster wrote:And what about the Cat and dog owners?

ya what he said
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

It's my Buddy's turn for hot spots. Again. Dammit. What can I put on his back foot to keep him from scratching? And how to keep it on there?

Gypsy goes in for her fixin' on Wednesday. YAY!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

GF, have you ever used that horse's tape? Its not really tape, but an elastic type mesh that comes in a roll. I think its used for taping horse's legs? Anyway, it sticks to itself but not to the hair so I used it on my dog's foot/leg when he snagged his dew claw from playing too rough.
OneWord

Post by OneWord »

Our one year old dog has been sneezing constantly the last two days. It's not unusual for her to sneeze but it is so often all of a sudden. Of course if it worsens we will bring her into the vet, but right now other than the sneezes she seems fine. Still eating the same amount, happy, same amount of energy. Any ideas what it may be?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

OneWord wrote:Our one year old dog has been sneezing constantly the last two days. It's not unusual for her to sneeze but it is so often all of a sudden. Of course if it worsens we will bring her into the vet, but right now other than the sneezes she seems fine. Still eating the same amount, happy, same amount of energy. Any ideas what it may be?

Has she had her distemper shots?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
OneWord

Post by OneWord »

She has. I'm at a loss of what it could be, as far as I know she hasn't gotten into anything around the house or in the yard
doc2013
Fledgling

Post by doc2013 »

Have you changed any of your cleaning products, or anything that could smell different? You could phone your vet and ask if they could call you when they have time for advice. Our vets are awesome and will do that if you ask. Food change, bowl change, any change at all with really anything can trigger sneezes. good luck.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

OneWord wrote:She has. I'm at a loss of what it could be, as far as I know she hasn't gotten into anything around the house or in the yard

What about mold and mildew? It is definitely damp out there and with the freeze and thaw pattern, there is definitely mold out there. Wet leaves, grass, all that stuff might be an issue. It definitely gets me going.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
OneWord

Post by OneWord »

Well I took Flurry out to a friends for a few days just to see if she would stop sneezing. It hasn't stopped and we've been here for 3 days. I even took a little flashlight and shined it up her nose to see if anything was stuck up there but it all looked normal. She's still acting like her happy normal self but if it continues into next week I'll take her in. Thanks all!
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

could it be kennel cough?
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Question, but not sure where to put it...

Would putting a bark collar on a dog and leaving it unsupervised for the day outside in your yard while you were gone to work all day constitute as abuse of an animal?

Thank you.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Puffy wrote:Question, but not sure where to put it...

Would putting a bark collar on a dog and leaving it unsupervised for the day outside in your yard while you were gone to work all day constitute as abuse of an animal?

Thank you.

I think leaving a dog outside all day un-supervised is abuse.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Thanx, Trip.

I tried to find it on the SPCA web site, but wasn't able to.
Google did not provide much.
Will keep looking.
I tought one of you advid dog owners would know. :sunshine:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Puffy, I never leave my monster outside when I'm not home. He could hurt himself, get tangled up in something, another animal could come into the yard and start WW3 or someone could steal him. Years ago someone tried to steal my year old Chow. I went outside and asked what he thought he was doing. Said he wanted my dog and there was nothing I could do to stop him. Said okay, go for it. Watched him open the gate, put one foot on the front pathway into the yard, then hightail it up the driveway when the pup came at him full speed while growling and showing her teeth.

I'm usually outside with mine but if I'm busy in the house and he's in the yard, I can see him by looking out the windows.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Me, as well.
They aren't out without me.
Just was a bit shocked to see a dog with a bark collar on and no one home.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”