First Aid Tent

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: FIRST AID TENT

Post by oneh2obabe »

Sounds like you've got some idiot neighbours. Oops, did I say that out loud?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

oneh2obabe wrote:Sounds like you've got some idiot neighbours. Oops, did I say that out loud?

:coffeecanuck: yup
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Just so you know, I believe them collars cancel after 45 min's and you have to put the remote near the collar again to re-activate it. I believe they do that so people cant leave them for too long unattended. That is the shock ones, The lemon spritzers ones might be different tho which IMO would be OK if a person is so cruel and wants to leave their dog out all day, (I hope it has shelter). Possibly an older collar might not have this cancellation mode built in tho. I don't like them. We have screamers that can be used for the same. Mind you I rarely have to use stuff like that on my dogs because I never leave them out to annoy neighbors. I have used them on neighbors dogs tho. I have an old screamer that you can hear and it is scary loud, It taught my neighbor a thing or two when he was annoyed at me pointing it out the window at his dog and bothering him too. Now they have the silent ones at Walmart. I picked one up to see if it would train my dog to come and she loves it. I blast it, I cant hear it and she stops what ever she is doing and comes running for a small treat. It will be good on walks I am sure. BTW, don't bother buying them dog whistles. I tried it on my dog, she never responded once. This new silent screamer is awesome, she hears it well. She comes running like lightening.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Well, just wondering if my old guy will make it to his 14th birthday which is vet approved at August 2. He has had several episodes of his gut rumbling, grumbling and not eating for over a day, seldom even drinking and passing runny stools. He even puked downstairs last night (thankfully on the lino and not the carpet), but today I got him to eat about half a ration of wet food and a bit of 'people food' (an egg) and take him for a poop walk which entailed numerous 'runny' stops. I think he has something in the way of a partial small bowel obstruction or volvulus that clears itself after resting his gut. Of course, at his age it could be a plethora of more sinister things. I will take him to the vet next time, or if he seems to be in pain, but these days he just seems to want his bed (mine) and sleeps for most of the day and all thru the night. Ah well, he has had a relatively long life (if 1 human year equals 7 dog years, he will be 98!). And I have enjoyed his total love and dedication.
Chill
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I'm sorry to hear that
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I hope it's nothing serious.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Thanks, Puffy.

GG - at his age, almost anything is serious. Thanks for your thoughts. I am prepared to do what is in his best interests and a lot of tests, operations, and the trauma that would put the old guy though would have to be thought out very carefully. I believe in quality of life as opposed to quantity - for him and for me. His comfort is my main priority.
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Good Luck with your friend and we hope it is just an upset tummy and that he will be with you for awhile yet!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

flamingfingers wrote:Thanks, Puffy.

GG - at his age, almost anything is serious. Thanks for your thoughts. I am prepared to do what is in his best interests and a lot of tests, operations, and the trauma that would put the old guy though would have to be thought out very carefully. I believe in quality of life as opposed to quantity - for him and for me. His comfort is my main priority.

HUGS! Brings a tear to my eye as we put down our 12 year old friend in May!
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
steve-oo

Post by steve-oo »

[quote][/quote]
i hope that your dog is ok. Their are dog electrolytes that you put in the dogs water. That should help with the stool firming.
Plain yogurt or cottage cheese, canned tripe or sources of probiotics will help your dogs tummy issues potentially.

Good Luck

steve
Sorry do not know know how to post quotes. This is in response to flaming fingers post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: First Aid Tent

Post by flamingfingers »

Ol' Smokey is still chugging along! I switched him to a raw meat, fruit and vegs diet and he seems to do really well on it. He has developed a bit of a neck/back problem so when he tries to eat from his dish on the floor he gets all seized up and has to sit, pant and limp around. So I have elevated his food dishes onto old milk crates. Seems to work. Also, he is getting more and more lumps and bumps and this one just recently: (Oddly enough, he had one like it but not that large on his left upper eyelid that has pretty well resolved completely. Am hoping this one will do the same. I think it is a histiocytoma. Anyone know for sure?
Attachments
IMG_0584.JPG
Chill
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: First Aid Tent

Post by Bpeep »

Its nice to see Smokey doing better, FF.
It sure was nice to meet him. He's a darling!
Give him a scritchin' for me.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”