First Aid Tent

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Re: FIRST AID TENT

Post by my2rotties »

I would imagine it is very painful. This breed is very stoic and never complains, much like pit bulls.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Awe, poor puppy!
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:Brought to you for your viewing pleasure. :lol:

insert something no one needs to see over their oatmeal in the morning

~D

:200:

That video should have a warning for a still shot --- not the actual, um, ....act! (for those of us that don't want to know anything about it unless they need to... :P)
Last edited by juliebeth on Dec 14th, 2010, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

juliebeth wrote:That video should have a warning for a still shot --- not the actual, um, ....act! (for those of us that don't want to know anything about it unless they need to... :P)

you're gonna get in trouble for posting the image again
DUCK!!!
:ducking:
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

^^ Fixed!

I don't want to add the hazard of things flying at me to my list of daily stresses.
(Particularly anything from any person/creatures *ahem* nether parts)
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

Puffy wrote:No, she doesn't know. I have to take him back on Monday and may start steroids again.
Also using polysporin. He's eating/drinking OK, so will have to see.
Thank you CC.

Sounds like cat Herpes. There is a supplement you can get to put in their food that will block the herpes proteins from reproducing.
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

Okay, NEW QUESTION:

My puppy has been scratching like crazy. I don't think its fleas (please...please don't be fleas!). She is still doing one of her biannual coat "dumps" (literally --- just dumps fur all over for months), so it could just be that, but she scratches more frequently now I think.

Then yesterday I was giving her tummy rubs and saw a hairless spot on her tum, about the size of a silver dollar, with red bumps covering the hairless surface (like a rash). I am new at dog-ownership. Sound familiar to anyone (I repeat, please don't be fleas...)

Thanks!
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

^^^ Also, we were down to our last before payday last week, and had to feed her the really bad dog food that some neighbor fobbed off on us, and sits in the back of the cupboard. I will NEVER do that to her again. It smelled like play-dough. Anyway, its been a few days that she's been back on the good food, but could she still be experiencing some negative reaction to the byproduct *bleep* that we had to feed her last week for a few days?
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Just saw your posts JB. If your pup is an indoor dog, it's doubtful that the problem is flea's. If it is though, it should be easy enough to find out. http://www.ehow.com/how_4769732_check-dog-fleas.html

The kibble you are feeding (I forget which one?) could definitely be contributing to itchy skin and scratching. Keep an eye on that bare spot on the belly. Is it a hot spot?

~D
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

No, not a hotspot, don't think. It is growing in with hair again now and the bumps seem to be gone. After I read a little bit on the net I decided she might have been allergic to the massive amounts of cornstarch, and other corn products used in the very bad food that I will never bring near her again. She's still a bit itchy, but I don't think its out of control any more. Thanks!
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Good to know your pup is on the mend JB.

~D
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Took my kitty to the vet this am. He had been "scooting" for a couple of weeks. Thanks to this thread, I learned about worms and blocked anal glands.

I would never have known the scooting was a problem if I had not read it here.

Thanks everyone....especially for the really gross video. It was not fun to watch, but provided the information I needed.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

FINALLY...someone who appreciates my 'gross', but educational video. :dyinglaughing:

Thank YOU gg!

~D
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Happy new year to all the dog owners, and to the cat owners, may your new year be just as lonely and miserable as the last one.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

And what about the Cat and dog owners?
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post

Return to “The Pet Lounge”