Need Help with our Female Cat

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
newnormal2014

Need Help with our Female Cat

Post by newnormal2014 »

As I write this I am crying and my heart is breaking. We have a 1.5 year old female cat that we have had since birth (also have her female sister). She is spayed, up to date on all shots, etc. She is so loving and just wants people attention and love. We try so hard but with another cat and two small dogs it is so hard to give her what she needs. She used to play and love the other three, we have pictures of her and her sister laying together and cleaning each other...but sadly she has changed.
At the beginning of August she went missing. We searched and did all we could but by three weeks we were losing hope. Then 26 days later we got a call from a lady 11.5 kms away that she thought she maybe had our cat. It was her but she had been gone 26 days so was undernourished and quite scared, etc. We immediately took her to the vet and for the past several months have nursed her back to health, but she is not the same cat she once was. We live on an orchard and she used to love to climb trees and play outside with her sister. Now she will not go off of the deck as she doesn't like to be outside. She dislikes the other animals and growls and attacks when they come near her. We have tried to do what we can but nothing works. She is great with us and will lay with us and purr and love us for hours on end. But she is terrified of the other animals and just cant stand them.
We don't want to give up on her but feel it is not fair to her or the other three animals. We refuse to put her down as she has so much life in her and love to give to the right person. We would like to try and find a loving home with no children and no other animals. Ultimately a home where someone is around lots as she loves to be with people and love them. She is black in color with a tiny white patch on her chest and short haired. I have posted an ad in Marketplace as well and am trying to find her a home. If you can help me please PM. Or if anyone has any other ideas for me that would be great. We refuse to give her to the spca or put her down....she would make an amazing companion for the right person. If we are able to find that person or persons, we will send her bed, her toys, her carrier, her house and scratching post, etc. We will also send her medical records and can even print pictures of her if you wish. We just want to do the right thing......thank you
PTSD it isn't anything I did, it is what happened to me. I may not ever be the person I used to be but I am trying to be the person I have become.....one moment at a time.
underscore
Übergod

Re: Need Help with our Female Cat

Post by underscore »

Have you looked into some of the different methods of introducing a cat to new animals? I know technically your cat should know your other pets but you might have to start from scratch and slowly acclimatize her to them again, maybe starting with her sister?
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Hi, talked to you not long ago.
Here are a few sites I found right away.
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-p ... -household

http://www.catsinternational.org/articl ... _cats.html

http://www.animalhumanesociety.org/webfm_send/42

Like I had said to you, this is a very fixable problem.
Don't give up, it will get better just not sure about the time frame.
Will keep in touch. phone if you need to.
newnormal2014

Post by newnormal2014 »

I have deleted the ad for asking someone to take my little girl and thanks to you people am going to try segregating her and taking it from the beginning. I wish I had of known from the start but I now know and it isn't too late. Thank you so so very much and will keep you all posted. Lore I will keep in touch and thank you so much again.
PTSD it isn't anything I did, it is what happened to me. I may not ever be the person I used to be but I am trying to be the person I have become.....one moment at a time.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Glad to hear it. Good luck!
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Do you still have your cat and have you had success with introducing them again?
I was going to phone you and with being busy with Christmas (and life) I lost your #.
Feel free to phone me if you still have my # or pm me.
I would love to know how it went/or is going still.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”