Cat's Meow Pet Toy as seen on TV: SCAM!

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
watchkat
Übergod

Cat's Meow Pet Toy as seen on TV: SCAM!

Post by watchkat »

I ordered online today........This website is a total rip off....there is no place to confirm order after giving the credit card details. Massive overcharge and no way to get it corrected NOW. Have to wait..they say shipped already and then they try to keep S& H charges when you return item.
I contacted Linda Steele facebook who does the CTV investigations. This is the article and link to some of the complaints such as mine. I am amazed this has been going on for over a year already. I ordered from Canada and phone number goes to states sometimes..both U.S. and Canada are rip offs.
Wish the TV would take them off as ads.

you need to reveal the Cat's Meow cat toy scam. This has been going on for a year it seems. Canada company is in Ontario. They got me today on the online ordering and I had to have my credit card canceled in order to block the charges. It should have been approx 47.00 and it shows thanks for your order 137.67 and the prices and shipping are all wrong. I couldn't believe it, called and was told to call back in three hours as they didn't have order number. They emailed me with this fraud invoice and I called again with order number, still no response. I searched cat's meow overcharge and discovered many many ripoffs just like mine over the last year!! These people advertise on TV and there is no final order page to confirm total. It just comes up with the charges and you have no recourse. No one will talk to you and many apparently have had fights with them withholding the S & H charges. You can't cancel it and then if you return they make money anyway. Please please warn people I have the invoice to prove it. American Express is a merchant/customer card and they don't dispute as do the banks. My only option was to have my card canceled as lost/stolen/fraud at their suggestion and have new card and number issued. They have notes on file, but What a hassle. Someone STOP Cat's Meow please. This is the website of just some of the complaints.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 68773.html
Cats Meow - False Advertising and Overcharging
http://www.complaintsboard.com
Consumer complaints and reviews about Cats Meow in Wallingford, Connecticut. False Advertising and Overcharging. Unauthorized Charges

MY order should have been for 46.00 This is the invoice that showed up and can't be canceled or contact made with them.

All sales are Subject to Applicable Sales Tax
Product Name Unit Price Unit S&H Quantity Total Price
Deluxe Cat's Meow (3 Speeds and Additional Feather Wand) $29.99 $15.90 1 $45.89
Deluxe Cat's Meow (3 Speeds and Additional Feather Wand) $29.99 $15.90 2 $91.78
Subtotal: $137.67
Estimated Grand Total: $137.67
Thank you for ordering from Cat's Meow™
You can check your order status 24 hours a day at http://www.customerstatus.com.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Cat's Meow Pet Toy as seen on TV SCAM!!!!!

Post by GordonH »

Check your PM
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Thanks Gordon. I don't know how I missed that in a google search, but you are a big help.
Thanks again.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Your welcome
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Cat's Meow Pet Toy as seen on TV: SCAM!

Post by mexi cali »

There is, or at least there used to be a store in the mall where you could buy all of that "as seen on TV" stuff for the actual price it is advertised for on TV. How novel.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “The Pet Lounge”