Dan Albas' Tax Guide

The Riposte & Parry is a private forum for serious discussions.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Dan Albas' Tax Guide

Post by occasional thoughts »

I have some conservative tendencies, to be sure, but I have never been and doubt I ever will be a Conservative. Oh, I did vote "Progressive Conservative" once in my life, in Victoria in the 1980s, and I don't regret it; special local circumstances, etc., etc. I am continually shocked (to put it mildly) by the lack of ethics and integrity surrounding former Reformer Steven Harper and the crew he has assembled.

Nevertheless, I was looking at a piece of junk mail that came into the house yesterday, "Tax Guide Keeping Your Taxes Low" from Dan Albas, MP, Okanagan-Coquihalla. Now, Mr. Albas, a newcomer/rookie, the product of a political machine, has don't nothing for me or us personally on this account in his few months in Parliament, but I'm always interested in keeping my tax paid as low as legally possible, so I opened the pamphlet, which nicely flipped to "Lowering taxes for Seniors", a topic I'm always interested in nowadays.

"Doubling The Pension Income Amount" popped off the page. Wow, I missed a government action to double the pension tax credit to $4,000??? Nope, Albas was just rehashing and taking credit for the action in 2006 to double it to $2,000. Six years previous! Of course, most of the items in the 16-page booklet were old.

The irony is that Mr. Albas probably could have done more to keep our taxes low by not using his MP's budget and free mailing privileges to produce and send out this booklet, and leave the information campaign on taxes to the CRA.
Static
Guru

Re: Dan Albas' Tax Guide

Post by Static »

:dyinglaughing: So true.

Return to “Riposte & Parry”