Fly United?

The Riposte & Parry is a private forum for serious discussions.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Fly United?

Post by occasional thoughts »

Welcome United Airlines, I guess. If neither of our Canadian airlines has the moxy to identify good non-stop routes out of the Okanagan, well, thank god for competition. But, alas, United?? The U.S. airline that seems to me to feature the most dubious service, high fares, and the most add-on fees. Why couldn't it be Southwest. I have been unable to ascertain the logic of Southwest not doing an extension, even once a day, of its service to Spokane, to draw us into its route web.

Anyway, progress of a sort.I do believe that non-stops from Kelowna will improve in the coming years, not because we're nice people or we deserve it or any of those arguments, but because we have the numbers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Fly United?

Post by GordonH »

Here is a list of direct or non-stop from Kelowna: http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page1343.aspx/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

...anything from Pearson under 300 bucks one way to CYLW?
"...always keep your mind and heart open." - Henry Fonda
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Yep ... from $239 July and August depending on the date
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

HEY - that's doable...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

SassySasquatch wrote:HEY - that's doable...

First one at that price is July 24 it's not non-stop.

Just check dates at Westjet
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Prices seems to change on a daily basis. This morning you can get a non-stop from TO to Ktown for $289 August 10 or head into September and same flight is $229 on the 7th.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

You know that taxes and airport fees bring the total to approx $340.00. BC is worth it though...

An extra 160.00 and go VIA. Train is nice, done it twice (kids twelve an under free with Parent accompanied). 4 hour layover in Winnipeg - to the 'Y' for a shower and back to the Station.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

...goin with the train - 3 days...

Return to “Riposte & Parry”