"Family Dynamics"

The Riposte & Parry is a private forum for serious discussions.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

"Family Dynamics"

Post by Lady tehMa »

Have you ever thought that Castanet is like a family?

I have. And like a family we have our own dynamics, and I've noticed we've had a number of different types of people who post.

There is the Rational poster, who is willing to look at all angles before replying thoughtfully and with civility. This type of poster is highly rare, but can still be found though in dwindling numbers.

We have the Snarky poster, who only comes out to poke fun or cause a ruckus. Probably was the class clown in school.

We have the Seemingly Rational Poster, who can behave civily but has a certain number of topics that sets them raging and foaming at the mouth. Woe unto them which triggers the Rage . . .

There is the Expert, who has done everything and done it so well they are always asked for advice. Many of us will roll our eyes when the Expert chimes in.

There is the Social Butterfly, who just wants to hang out and have fun. If things get too serious they're SO out of here.

And then there is the Poster With A Cause. Like that suvivalist uncle, or the aunt who is convinced the world ends in December 2012, they will commandeer the podium and start preaching. Most of us want to slink away unnoticed, but it you disagree and vocalize, then watch out! Poster With A Cause is only around when their topic is being discussed, they have no interest in anything else but furthering their agenda/cause/political party/belief structure.

So - do you have any to add? Who do you feel you would recognize? Do any of them sound like you?

I think I'd be a Social Butterfly. I do try for Rational Poster, though I think I miss on occasion.
I haven't failed until I quit.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: "Family Dynamics"

Post by grammafreddy »

LOL - good topic.

I recognize a few but am not gonna name names. That's mean.

And I think I recognize myself in all of them - especially the "rolling yer eyes when they post" one. :D I can just see y'all siting there with yer eyes going all funny. Hahahha
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I say nothing
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

grammafreddy wrote:I recognize a few but am not gonna name names. That's mean.

I agree, which is why it is here - where it is agreed we will behave in a civil fashion. By recognize I mean "do you agree with the description, is it a recognizable trait?"

And what others have I missed? By characteristics?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think that I fall into the "seemingly rational" poster whose downfall is that there are some topics that do get my dander up and then I tend to go off to a point and then back off when I feel like I've lost control of my rational self. Sometimes that takes longer than it should.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

You forgot an internet mainstay:

The troll
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm a socially rational expert with a snarky cause.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Lady tehMa wrote:
I think I'd be a Social Butterfly.

FYI, in Thailand a social butterfly is someone who sleeps around. Just so you know...
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Good thing we're not in Thailand.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

ledzep77 wrote:Good thing we're not in Thailand.

LOL yes, I'm very glad I'm not in Thailand!

And aside from the Troll, who else is missing?

What about Mr./Ms. Negativity? Never has a happy comment, couldn't see the bright side if it were a nova.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Theres also the posters like me who dont have the intellect to have an informed opinion, but post stuff anyway just to read their own text and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Without Castanet, I would probably sink into a deep depression and eat all the cookies.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I'm soooo a rational poster!

Then there's the devil's advocate, the poster who seemingly always takes the other side.. the anti-change poster that never wants progress :)

Dysfunctional or not, it's a family!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.

Return to “Riposte & Parry”