Sitting here at the Hockeytown Cafe in DTW

The Riposte & Parry is a private forum for serious discussions.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Sitting here at the Hockeytown Cafe in DTW

Post by occasional thoughts »

DTW is Detroit Metro Airport for those of you who don't memorize worldwide airport abbreviations. I can sit here and pretend I'm back home in West Kelowna and launch into all sorts of diatribes on Castanet!. Ah, modern electronics. As a Vancouver Canucks fan, I feel a bit disloyal patronizing the Red Wings bar here. Oh well, shoot me. Oops, wrong environs to say that. Detroit was known as the Murder Capital once upon a time. No gunfights so far at the airport here tonight. No political coups, you'd hardly know there was an election going on.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sitting here at the Hockeytown cafe in DTW

Post by xjeepguy »

occasional thoughts wrote:DTW is Detroit Metro Airport for those of you who don't memorize worldwide airport abbreviations. I can sit here and pretend I'm back home in West Kelowna and launch into all sorts of diatribes on Castanet!. Ah, modern electronics. As a Vancouver Canucks fan, I feel a bit disloyal patronizing the Red Wings bar here. Oh well, shoot me. Oops, wrong environs to say that. Detroit was known as the Murder Capital once upon a time. No gunfights so far at the airport here tonight. No political coups, you'd hardly know there was an election going on.

No worries man , I work in Alberta and constantly have to put up with Oilers or Flames mumbo jumbo . I wore my Canucks t-shirt to eat while at camp when I was up there last month and barely escaped unscathed :dyinglaughing:

Hows the weather ?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Sitting here at the Hockeytown cafe in DTW

Post by occasional thoughts »

Sunny and warm this evening, but with a cold front coming that will plunge the East into autumn-like weather while adjusting the systems all across the continent to give the Okanagan nice and sunny for a week or two.

Return to “Riposte & Parry”