Wasted vote

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
Tandr
Board Meister

Wasted vote

Post by Tandr »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnFhCcNPoo

the scales of justice cannot weigh the truth
if all they have to go on is obfuscation and deflection
there is such a thing as a wasted vote
don't make this a wasted election
daria
Guru

Re: Wasted vote

Post by daria »

Shane Koyczan is all that and a bag of chips! :hailjo:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

He should stick to poetry and not politics. The guy clearly has no clue on the latter. You just have to love the village idiot who whines about increased spending but glosses over the fact that his leftist leaders demanded that increased spending as a condition of support for the budget. But of course Mr.Poet is oblivious to that fact. Funny that as he whines about “wasteful” spending he leaves out spending on the Olympics which just so happens to be the very venue that put Mr. Koyczan's name on the map. I suppose “wasteful” spending is all in the eye of the beholder....
Back with a vengeance
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

Al Czervic wrote:He should stick to poetry and not politics. The guy clearly has no clue on the latter. You just have to love the village idiot who whines about increased spending but glosses over the fact that his leftist leaders demanded that increased spending as a condition of support for the budget. But of course Mr.Poet is oblivious to that fact. Funny that as he whines about “wasteful” spending he leaves out spending on the Olympics which just so happens to be the very venue that put Mr. Koyczan's name on the map. I suppose “wasteful” spending is all in the eye of the beholder....

Isn't that always the case? Anyone who differs with the right-wing school of thought is clearly a moron.... :127:
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

UnknownResident wrote:Isn't that always the case? Anyone who differs with the right-wing school of thought is clearly a moron.... :127:

Why not simply just criticize Harper policies he disagrees with? Does it not seem pointless to whine about increased spending when in fact it was Iggy and Jack-O-Layton who demanded INCREASED spending in return for supporting the Conservative budget? How about disagree with the pro-Israel stance or disagree with making appointments to the senate or disagree with the home renovation tax credit program or disagree with wanting to do away with the long gun registry or ending taxpayer subsidies of federal political parties? Or complain about getting tough on crime ? In other words how about complain about those things that the “Harper” Government is solely responsible for?
Back with a vengeance
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

UnknownResident wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:He should stick to poetry and not politics. The guy clearly has no clue on the latter. You just have to love the village idiot who whines about increased spending but glosses over the fact that his leftist leaders demanded that increased spending as a condition of support for the budget. But of course Mr.Poet is oblivious to that fact. Funny that as he whines about “wasteful” spending he leaves out spending on the Olympics which just so happens to be the very venue that put Mr. Koyczan's name on the map. I suppose “wasteful” spending is all in the eye of the beholder....

Isn't that always the case? Anyone who differs with the right-wing school of thought is clearly a moron.... :127:

Good to see that you are learning.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

The Green Barbarian wrote:
UnknownResident wrote:

At this rate I'm sure in our next election (2012, or 2013 probably LOL) I'll be spewing right-wing conservative rhetoric! I can hardly wait! :127:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

UnknownResident wrote:Isn't that always the case? Anyone who differs with the right-wing school of thought is clearly a moron.... :127:

At this rate I'm sure in our next election (2012, or 2013 probably LOL) I'll be spewing right-wing conservative rhetoric! I can hardly wait! :127:

I'd settle for you just stopping the spewing of the left-wing barf by 2012 - that would be more than enough. :) I am still howling about your post that Harper would amend the Constitution to disenfranchise women, that was awesome stuff.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

You never know where a Greg Stillson will come from.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Al Czervic wrote: Funny that as he whines about “wasteful” spending he leaves out spending on the Olympics which just so happens to be the very venue that put Mr. Koyczan's name on the map.

Funny that the voice selected to represent ALL CANADIANS in HIS words that was showcased internationally - that at the time i heard a lot of pride and respect for Shane from his fellow countrymen - is suddenly a moron with no political value.....hmm (ps - perhaps you should ask Shane his feelings on the olympic spending? - i didn't realize that only people in support of the spending were allowed to participate or watch the olympics......)

Mr. koyczan's name was on the map long before the olympics came around, if you happened to know anything about shane and his accomplishments. He was put on the map for you and every other armchair spectator by one of the most widely viewed televised events in the world - where he spoke of YOUR country and articulated a sense of pride that most canadians would be unable to express but was mutually revelled in.

And now - because he speaks up against Harper, he becomes " the village idiot"? :dyinglaughing: clearly you have a very balanced unbiased opinion that appears to be coming off as a personal attack on someone you are lacking weapons against....

I love how "deeply" you have analyzed a "poem" to find the things he missed (??? like there were prerequesites?) or glossed over...... how about the parts where HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD (you seem to be glossing over those points)
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

ouch, Corneliousrooster.... :dyinglaughing:

well said
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

The sad thing I find about that video, is that it really doesn't fit the title in terms of it's content. It simply repeats all the negative things that have happened over the last 5 or 6 years, and attributes them to one man which is simply absurd. I have no problem seeing SOME of them as mistakes on Canada's part, even on the Conservatives part, or even on Harpers personal part , and am likewise disappointed that they happened or could not be overcome if someone had just had a better crystal ball. BUT, to just regurgitate once more all the lies, half truths, and issues that were far beyond anyone's control, along with things like jet purchases that haven't even happened and making it appear like they have (or were even the Harper Government's decision in the first place when it has already been well established that it was the former Liberals who made that decision and we are now having to deal with the consequences), or even not acknowledging the major strides that have been made on global environmental issues, ...is to me making Shane sound like all the other ABC trained parrots out there.

Perhaps I missed where he said anything should have, or could have, been done differently, and if so what specifically. Or even how some other party would have governed us better through the same global circumstances we found ourselves in during the period, although I gave up listening before he finished because I have heard it all regurgitated so many times before. But I guess that doesn't matter anyway when who you are listening to is just another parrot who obviously doesn't think very deeply about such things, or demonstrates he even thinks much for himself at all.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

NAB wrote: But I guess that doesn't matter anyway when who you are listening to is just another parrot who obviously doesn't think very deeply about such things, or if he even thinks at all.

Clearly.....Shane is obviously an idiot savant :spinball:

its a freakin POEM! From a MAN - with an OPINION - done CLEVERLY with wordplay and wit and biting sarcasm - which contains"headline making statements" and conservative rhetoric that does not jive with him - he has creatively constructed a piece in his chosen art form to express his sentiments (which is shared by MANY PEOPLE ACROSS THIS COUNTRY)

how was neil youngs "ohio" being viewed by those still supporting vietnam?

"imagine" is regarded as one of the greatest songs of our time - perhaps you should tell john lennon how unrealistic and impractical his views of the potential world were(are)?

Maybe everything wrong in the past wouldn't be attributed to "one man" if "oneman" would stop trying to have all acts of our government fall under the name "Harper"

Maybe if "oneman" let his other elected members speak their OWN minds all them blame wouldn't come back to "one man"?

major strides on global issues? what kool aid are you drinkin? canada is an EMBARRASSMENT of epic porportions when it comes to the environment - (per capita we are in the top 10 biggest pigs on the planet in several categories - hardly worth a pat on the back)

Just the footage alone is slimy - harper schedules a press op with a youtube sensation for a lady gaga tune. no political merit/no "issues" being centered around the girl - she was simply USED because she was a viral flavour of the moment to further a political agenda -

your right Nab - Shane's poem belongs in the shallow end of the pool while Harper is swimming laps in the deep end :dyinglaughing:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL. Obviously it isn't me who is drinking the Koolaid Cornelius. But I am glad that at least someone is swimming in the deep end of the pool. If Shane and those who like him prefer the shallow end or the wading pool with water wings and yellow rubber duckies, then that's OK too ;-)

Edit to add: Oh, and by the way, perhaps we wouldn't be the "biggest pigs on the planet" if our economy wasn't so strong and the pigs were put on a diet with respect to credit and debt. Just like those societies who have limited access to such things and so many live in REAL poverty there are so perfectly advanced on the environmental front compared to us.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

NAB wrote:LOL. Obviously it isn't me who is drinking the Koolaid Cornelius.

I hope one day you'll realize you're the one "drinking the Koolaid".

Return to “Federal Election 2011”