Tango

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Tango

Post by Bsuds »

I enjoy looking at the stuff from Tango but I do find it annoying that I have to click on several links to get to where I want to go.
Why can't it go directly to the item you click on the first time?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Tango

Post by Jo »

Hmm, I can forward this link along for you.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Bsuds wrote:I do find it annoying that I have to click on several links to get to where I want to go.

I'm going to need so more info from you in order to understand what you're experiencing. When I'm on The Tango and click on one of the headlines it takes me directly to that post. So, why you have to click on several links doesn't make sense.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

OK if I'm cruising the forum and see an ad on the side for an interesting Tango and click on it. It does not take me directly to that video/photo's etc. Usually takes a couple more clicks to get to the one I wanted to see in the first place.

That make more sense?
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

It does to me, because that is what happens to me as well. It's a Tango thing, I think.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Perhaps someone can give me a real example here -- as in, which Forums page are you on where you're seeing the Tango links, and which Tango headline link did you click on? Having that info would be very helpful in order to see this "problem".
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Only place I see The Tango link is in the Travel, Entertainment, Food, Books, Art forum. Just clicked on a headline and it took me right to the page.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Sites like Tango are merely advertising avenues, the more pages you're forced to go through to get where you want the more ad impressions they can sell.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Not true! The Tango isn't forcing people through a ton of pages to get where they want to go.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

No not a ton but a lot of the time it takes 2-3 pages to start the page/video that you want to see.
Not a big deal but sometimes annoying. I would just like to see it done in one click most of the time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I run into the same issue from time to time - thought it was my computer.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Troy

Post by Troy »

If someone can show me how to duplicate this issue, then I'll work on fixing it. Right now, when I click on a Tango link in the Forums, it takes me directly to that post in only one click, not several.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I'm not clear on how members can show you how to duplicate the issue.

My guess is, it's the way the site is set up. You click on the picture or video and it takes you to the home page at which point you click ont he picture or video a second time, and sometimes you get the video or picture gallery, other times not. I believe what membvers are saying is - why can't the video or picture gallery start when you make the first click, the same way Off-beat works.

I don't know for sure, though.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Jo wrote:You click on the picture or video and it takes you to the home page at which point you click ont he picture or video a second time, and sometimes you get the video or picture gallery, other times not.

Well, that's the part I'm trying to get more information on: "you click on the picture or video" <-- which page are you on when you're doing this click?

The original complaint was about clicking on a Tango link in the Forums, and I'm saying the Tango links I've clicked on in the Forums take me directly to the appropriate Tango post, not a home page.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I always click on the Tango link on the news home page. It takes me to the Tango 'home' page where I need to click again to see the video or photo gallery. And from there sometimes I have to click the image again . . . but honestly, I don't really go there often enough to recall exactly how it goes.

So, for you it plays immediately, same as it does with off-beat?

Return to “Feedback and Requests”