Castanet Sorting

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department. See 'contact us' on the news front page.

Castanet Sorting

Postby Rosemary1 » Jul 27th, 2015, 2:22 pm

maybe I am missing something, but the sorting descending or ascending option does not seem to work by year and month as I expected but by time and years are all mixed. Most people, I suspect would like to see the most recent posts in a category and/or topic sorted with most current year and month I think. Am I doing something wrong ?
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 726 posts

Re: Castanet Sorting

Postby GordonH » Jul 27th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Not sure what the problem is for you, mine has has most resent post at the top descending oldest.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7148 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Jo » Jul 28th, 2015, 7:36 am

Rosemary1 wrote:maybe I am missing something, but the sorting descending or ascending option does not seem to work by year and month as I expected but by time and years are all mixed. Most people, I suspect would like to see the most recent posts in a category and/or topic sorted with most current year and month I think. Am I doing something wrong ?

Your settings haven't changed, however if you want to change them to something different, follow this path:

user control panel > board preferences > edit display options

There you can make changes to suit your personal preferences.
Jo
Slot 16

Liked in: 3687 posts

Postby Always Sunny » Jul 28th, 2015, 10:04 am

They're sorted by date based on the newest post to the thread. Are you maybe looking at the start date of the thread, that would be all over the map.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1176 posts

Return to Complaint Department