NAB - obituary

Board announcements.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: NAB

Post by shoo »

I am so saddened to hear of nabs passing. I've had the pleasure of several wonderful conversations with him and will always remember him as a gentleman and an intelligent caring individual. RIP Al.

Shoo
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Such sad news. RIP NAB and condolences to his family.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

;-)

Nab
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Such sad news.... Yet another wonderful Castanutter gone on to the bigger forum out there.

My hearfelt condolences to NAB's family.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Condolences to Nab's family and many friends. He was always a gentleman - thoughtful, insightful and kind. We will all miss his participation on Castanet.
Attachments
black ribbon.png
Chill
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Very sad to hear this news. Nab was such an interesting fellow. I always enjoyed his debates here on the board. He will be missed. I am thinking he and Grammafreddy are somewhere out there holding court.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nanaim ... fhid=14849
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: NAB - obituary

Post by flamingfingers »

Nab joined Castanet on April 19, 2006. From then until now he has posted in excess of 20,000 posts (I am sure that Glace has the EXACT number) and all of his posts were presented in a way that caused people to consider and think... and perhaps change their way of viewing the topic at hand.

He and I were at loggerheads more than a few times. At times when our disagreements were such, we would battle through PMs which did cause me to reflect on some issues and to his credit, my countervailing arguments provoked some consideration on his part. He was a fantastic debating partner. What a loss that he will no longer be able to give us his reasoned, researched and poignant views.

I miss you Nab.
Chill
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Very well said, flamingfingings, and thanks for sharing that, Gardengirl. It's always nice to finally put a face to a name. NAB was a big part of the forum, and leaves void that will be hard to fill. I appreciated all the facts that NAB had taught me over the years, especially about how gas prices work.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

So sad losing another. RIP Nab
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

RIP Nab
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

:(
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

NAB always made me think...
Condolences to his family and friends.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I just saw this and can't believe my eyes. I loved his discussions and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I just learned that no matter how you may feel about someone - I wish I had the opportunity to meet them face to face. I feel the members that have left us prematurely deserved more than a simple discussion on a forum. I vow to make amends and let those that are important to me into my life just to let them know how important they are. Rest in peace and I will meet you later. Fancy.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I hardly ever agreed with him but he went far too young. Very sad news.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Announcements”