Donald G has passed away/Obituary

Board announcements.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Donald G has passed away/Obituary

Post by Bpeep »

I used to chide Donald for his use of the term Thc marijuana.
As much as his attitude towards pot shifted as he learned more about its medical benefits, he always called it thc marijuana.
Fun times.
He was a good sport.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Yeah, I found that funny.
I think once I responded with something to do with alcohol beer.
Good consistency with The Donald G
You and 71 others Like this post
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Heh heh.
I spewed the " Alcohol beer" line too.
He was a good sport about it all.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

What can one say that hasn't already.
So sad... for the loss and to his family.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Stubborn but a class act. An honest to goodness gentleman.
Will miss him.
Rest in peace Donald G.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

WADR Donald was a force unto himself on the Terrorism Entrapment thread and I enjoyed the conviction that he put behind his tenacious posts. Sad news.

RIP

Bad code - Donald Style
Last edited by Atomoa on Sep 29th, 2016, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am going to miss Donald G. His good humour, his sometimes sly and not so sly walks on the wild side just this side of bannable will be missed. He could play the Ban Game so well that matching his wordsmithing became my greatest challenge. If I could keep up with Donald G, I was wondering what he was going to come up with next.

Nab, GrammaFreddy and Donald G walk into a bar.

Would love to hear what came out of that meeting!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

RIP Donald G - so sad. Condolences to his family.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I miss him.
I miss the friendship that we had developed behind the forum.
Donald was a remarkable man. I've met few like him.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's like the hallways are empty.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

My condolences to the family. If you are reading this know he was an articulate individual.

Donald G, you are banned from hell and may your soul be eternally blissful.

Banned I say.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

True to form, i am slow on the uptake. I thought he went MIA a few weeks ago.

To me, he was definitely part of the fixture that I associated with the Castanet forums.

Condolence to his family.

The first time i actually noticed him using the Quote feature properly, i just about choked on my twizzler.
- that said, i can say with confidence that he parted ways more technically inclined than when he arrived. :)

Long live the "WADR"!
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I'm not very good at checking the announcements and so I just saw this thread today. It saddens me to know that Donald has passed away. The tributes to him on here show that despite our differences there is a deep-seated respect that most of us have for one another. Donald is one of those posters I wish I had gotten to know personally but I can at least be thankful for the time I spent on here discussing various topics with him. RIP Donald.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Guess I should check the announcements a little more often. Thought something seemed to be missing from the discussions on castanet. Perhaps the only fellow I know to use WADR and then not go out of his way to show disrespect. A genuine gentleman - RIP Donald G.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Donald G Jr

Post by Donald G Jr »

It is not very often that I see the good side of the faceless internet...it's easy to point out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better... all from the safety of a keyboard.

This is why when I heard of this thread on the forum, my brother and I briefed our mother on what to expect from the internet trols. To expect disrespectful, hurtful comments thrown out by a stranger.

Over the years our family was constantly hearing about the epic battles (and subsequent bannings) that Donald G was stoking in the forums. "Blogging" had become a big part of his day to day. I never really gave much thought to the community that he may be conversing with....

However, it was this community that raised my mother's spirits when she read each and every one of your thoughtful posts. All from a community of "strangers". For that, I am truly grateful.

Pops was hardheaded, but I am glad to read you guys (and gals) saw him for what he truly was... a stubborn gentleman.

On behalf of the family, thank you all for taking the time to write a post... and for temporarily restoring my faith in internet humanity.

Continue to be kind to others... you never know when somebody will need it. Faithfully submitted WADR

Donald G Jr

(*first and only post... created account to pass along my gratitude... don't expect any long rants about "The THC Marijuana Cigarettes"*)

Return to “Announcements”