The Alberta election

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Alberta election

Post by maryjane48 »

the honeymoon is over for anyone elected a week later lol not much for breaking news there . but keep on trying , the law of averages says everyone is right at least once in their lives . she should follow christys lead and have yoga classes on a bridge or even much more fun fire bunch of folks for no reason , im sure the entertainment value of that would be endless. or maybe knotley should enact tougher spying laws in alberta and bring every albertain in for interview , like your so called buddies that live there , and make sure theres no isil or hamas promoting videos and posts hanging around on their electronic devices eh ?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Back on topic. Off-topic comments, insults/personal attacks, and baiting other posters will be removed without explanation.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

logicalview wrote:
I met an Albertan yesterday who was moaning that his MLA is a 20 year old kid, who up until the election, was an unemployed bozo living in his mom's basement. He didn't even have the ambition to get a drivers licence, let alone a job, and so did no campaigning whatsoever. And he got elected, and is now making six figures to represent thousands of people in the provincial government. I think a lot of people in Alberta are saying "what have we done"....

I met a guy who met a guy who met a guy that said Alberta sucks. See, anybody can makes stuff up.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

logicalview wrote: I think a lot of people in Alberta are saying "what have we done"....

Indeed. One wonders if any of the right-wingers in Alberta will have learned anything and recognized that their time over the last few years leading up to this last election would have been far more productively spent in looking at and cleaning up their own back yard as opposed to always deflecting blame to left-wing activists and politicians who were not yet even in power.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

According to the early polls Alberta did not elect an NDP government. They were desperate to discard a financially irrespensible Progressive Conservative Government and the NDP were the only option available. The intelligence and political astuteness of the NDP leader in MOVING HER PARTY PLATFORM FROM THE LEFT TO THE MIDDLE (for the purpose of the election?) were large factors.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:According to the early polls Alberta did not elect an NDP government. They were desperate to discard a financially irrespensible Progressive Conservative Government and the NDP were the only option available. The intelligence and political astuteness of the NDP leader in MOVING HER PARTY PLATFORM FROM THE LEFT TO THE MIDDLE (for the purpose of the election?) were large factors.

You are mistaken Donald, there was a third viable option, the Wild Rose Party..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hurtlander wrote: You are mistaken Donald, ...

What ??? Again ?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

If you lived in Alberta you would know that the Wild Rose Party came across as watered down PCs.

During the election campaign the NDP leader outclassed both other leaders in a big way. The candidates that the NDP put up in each riding was never a consideration.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:If you lived in Alberta you would know that the Wild Rose Party came across as watered down PCs.

I wasn't aware that you lived in Alberta...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

mrs.bandaid wrote:I met a guy who met a guy who met a guy that said Alberta sucks. See, anybody can makes stuff up.

Not sure how this comment is close to relevant to the discussion, or why you are questioning the veracity of my comment, but it's good you did. I looked up the MLA in question:

Name: Trevor Horne
He isn't 20 years old, he's 24. He's not unemployed, he works at Starbucks. He does live in his mom's basement (or did anyway, now he's making huge bank from the taxpayers that's going to change). 24 years old, works at Starbucks, lives with mom. Couldn't find anywhere that could verify that he doesn't have a drivers' license. Got get em Trevor!!

Trevor Horne has spent the last six years behind the counter at a St. Albert Starbucks, making tall extra-hot Americanos and getting paid in tips.

But by the end of the month, he'll be drawing a somewhat heftier paycheque, given his annual $127,000 salary as a freshly-elected MLA.

"Yeah, my income suddenly made a dramatic change," Horne laughed, sitting on the patio of his former workplace
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

and here's a picture that's probably giving convulsions to the hard-core members of both sides of the political spectrum, but I imagine especially the leftist loons:

Not afraid to say "It".
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The Alberta election was a good example of how one astute leader (and two "not near as astute" other party leaders) got a pile of unqualified NDP MLAs elected.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Donald G wrote:The Alberta election was a good example of how one astute leader (and two "not near as astute" other party leaders) got a pile of unqualified NDP MLAs elected.

Or is a prime example of a corrupt government getting a wake up call?
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To mrs.bandaid ...

That too, fortunately ... in the long run.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

price of oil is expected to drop to 2 bucks a gallon in us if they reach a nuke deal with iran . the rightwing will say the ndp must have made the americans make the deal lol .

Return to “Political Arena”