LNG moving ahead or not

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: LNG moving ahead or not

Post by bob vernon »

This deserves to come back to the top.

Engineering and planning: done in Indonesia.

Buying the pipe: from steel plants in Indonesia.

Jobs: 62% Canadian. That includes the temporary jobs during construction. Many of the permanent jobs will be done by imported workers.

Royalties and taxes: cut again to the bone. And if there's a change in government anytime in the next 25 years, they can't change the rates, or increase taxes. This sounds a lot like the RCRail deal. The railway was leased out for 999 years, after which time it reverts back to the BC government. If the details are revealed before then, CNCP, or whatever they call themselves now, gets to keep the railway plus their lease payments are all refunded. Pretty much closes the door on anybody finding out who got how much. Just think, in 990-odd years all the payoffs will become public knowledge. I can't wait.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

every other country that lets petronas operate , has signed agreements to employ local folks , but not christ , shes all to eager to give it away for a tip paid . the aussies must be laughing their heads off at our deal compared to the one they made
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

I just read a story that the producers wanted even more of a tax cut. Im mobile, but the story was run in the last week. Cutting the number in half wasn't good enough.

The producers are also worried about "labour shortages" here when unemployment here is still (always) in surplus. That means contracts allowing them to bring in their workers "should the need arise". Oh yes, just incase.

I've said all along that in the end we'll pay them to extract the LNG.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/146662/ ... r-fracking

This could throw huge curve ball into the mix.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________

Return to “Political Arena”