Fed Liberal DRAFT Policy on Marijuana

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Fed Liberal DRAFT Policy on Marijuana

Post by flamingfingers »

I have scanned through this and while this is simply a draft, I can't see anything that really has not been addressed. And the numbers DO look appealing:

https://bc.liberal.ca/files/2013/01/DRA ... Jan-13.pdf

Maybe the BC Liberals could beat the feds to the gate on this. After all, BC is $urrounded by $tates that have undertaken thi$ initiative already.

What do you think?
Chill
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fed Liberal DRAFT Policy on Marijuana

Post by Hurtlander »

Sure, why not. Unlike some of the other hopeful but uncertain future sources of revenue that our government is banking on, this is a sure bet...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Probably would bring in more money than Enbridge. to BC
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

What I am looking at also are the costs involved in policing. If legalization WERE to be adopted, then police resources could be better allocated towards higher level criminals - those gangs importing oxy, cocaine, meth into the country.

The 'War on Crime' ala Harper is not something the majority of people in Canada want to continue.
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

flaming fingers wrote:I have scanned through this and while this is simply a draft, I can't see anything that really has not been addressed. And the numbers DO look appealing:

https://bc.liberal.ca/files/2013/01/DRA ... Jan-13.pdf

Maybe the BC Liberals could beat the feds to the gate on this. After all, BC is $urrounded by $tates that have undertaken thi$ initiative already.

What do you think?

Except in name there is no connection between Provincial & Federal Liberals in BC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

But on weed they both came same conclusions
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

FF this "Liberal" policy paper is a comprehensive and rational approach to the legalization of marijuana. It is a great starting point since it compliments many of the marijuana laws enacted in many of the "border" states of the USA.

I believe that the tax revenue generated and the savings from current enforcement policies, that the issues around the medical use of marijuana could easily be resolved.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I also read in the Draft where it refers to 'for people who do not choose to grow their own...' I take this to mean that people who grow their own medicine can continue the practice. I can find nothing in the draft that stipulates the licensing requirements, the number of plants or whether someone could be a designated grower.

Anyone know if there is a framework the Libs have in mind to cover this issue?
Chill
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

You going to eat that hot dog man?
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Political Arena”